Caribou Gear

Too many pintail pics.

Have always wanted to shoot one of those cool looking buggers and thought last November would be the time as there was a boatload of them around opening weekend of deer season. Got our deer that weekend and planned to get my pintail in 3 days but thanks to some darn cold weather they were all gone when I got back. Maybe next year.

Thanks for sharing miller.

More Sprigs!

Nice work Miller. For what you were shooting and the fact that you were just walking around in the marsh, I think you did great! Here's a couple samples, as you requested, from what I was doing while you were stomping around in the marsh . . . Also, I made a short blog post about it at http://tonybynum.com/spring-waterfowl-photography-northern-pintail-ducks/

Attachments

• bynum_pintails-8222.jpg
    bynum_pintails-8222.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 344
  • bynum_pintails-8846.jpg
    bynum_pintails-8846.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 327
I think that one is looking at you lol. all those pics are great. Wish I could just see a couple in my area during a hunting season. Never had the luck.

not trying to show off, miller asked me if i'd post a couple shots . . . i told him no cuz the guys on the board would think i was trying to take your thunder . . . He said you guys were a joke anyhow (this was meant to be a joke too, dont take it seriously, i'm kidding) so go ahead and post a couple . . .

Last edited:
not trying to show off, miller asked me if i'd post a couple shots . . . i told him no cuz the guys on the board would think i was trying to take your thunder . . . He said you guys were a joke anyhow (this was meant to be a joke too, dont take it seriously, i'm kidding) so go ahead and post a couple . . .

Wish I had something worthy to post. You guys have the gift, so keep the waterfowl pic's coming. Birds look amazing this time of year

Checked out your website, very nice

FS- Thanks for sharing!! Great pics!

Don't worry about showing up miller, I'm nuts over him...almost literally! :D

PS- Congrats on the Photo Editor gig. I hope you'll have a few articles in the magazine about taking good field and wildlife photos.

thanks 1 pointer. . . you'll see my next article in appear in the next issue of Western Hunter Magazine. From there on out I'll have a new column in each issue where i'll share a thought, some details about a specific photograph, and a photo tip.

What about Elk Hunter? I don't get WH, but would love to get some tips. I've been in/taken a few pics that have gotten into magazine's as part of a story, but am way short of what you and miller take. Would like to up my skills over just auto focus point and shoot...

western hunter and blog . . .

You can check my blog where i put up a new article every week, (tonybynum.com/blog) and you can get a subscription Western Hunter Magazine. The new issue is out now . . . I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this. . . I'm trying to pass on some information, i hope the mods are okay with me posting this, if not let me know . . .

Attachments

• WHM Spring 2012 cvr copy.jpg
    WHM Spring 2012 cvr copy.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 37
I'll check it out, thanks!

The moderators have to get my permission to do anything, so you are fine! ;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back