TN pig / PA deer swap hunt

dwm4375

I met a guy (Alex) on a different hunting forum who was looking for somewhere to hunt deer this fall, and we ended up trading a few days hunting pigs/deer with him in TN for a few days hunting deer with me in PA. The pig hunt was conducted on a big national forest in TN - you are allowed to shoot pigs incidental to hunting during deer season.

We (me, Alex, his dad, and his buddy) hunted for 3-1/2 days and found some pig sign, but not quite as much as in past years when he's done this same hunt. Saw a lot of bear sign (not bear season though), heard a couple pigs in too thick of cover to get a shot, and did a lot of hiking and scouting. I shot the only buck of the trip:

Attachments

• 2012 TN rifle buck 1.jpg
    2012 TN rifle buck 1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 2012 TN rifle buck 2.jpg
    2012 TN rifle buck 2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 243
After a few days break between hunts Alex came to PA for a couple days of buck hunting. He arrived Sunday afternoon for a quick walk / GPS programming of all our hunting stands and the traditional family pre-hunt "buck dinner". I put him on the stand furthest from our camp so as to interfere the least with our other stands, and he saw a buck in the morning but was unable to get a shot. Around lunch there was a lot of activity on the other side of our property, so I sent him that direction. He shot this one about 4:45pm. Overall very happy with both hunts, all unguided / DIY hunting and glad to be able to get us both on deer.

Attachments

• Alex 2012 PA buck.jpg
    Alex 2012 PA buck.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 262

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back