Tires again…I know

B25EE56B-AFE7-4123-9996-86BBC7CB2FAA.jpegWell Boys and Girls. You been extremely helpful. Taking the advice from mtmuley, Fl460 and many other that responded. As well as the admonishment given from JLS imploring me to do a serious cost benefit analysis ( well, cost was not involved…don’t tell my wife) ..okay want verse need analysis.
I made some changes to my thinking. Per Fl460 I went up a size to 275/65/20 on the same rims I have. Then I came to the following determinations.
TKOs thought they were my front runner had too many hit or miss reviews, coupled with poor wet pavement reviews …they didn’t seem to be a good choice for the majority of my driving use.
The Mickys I was considering were not three peak rated as I should have first noticed and living in his snow hole of Upstate NY …that’s a no go. Coupled with the fact that my hound running takes me into snow covered roads often…. Also they seems to have excessive weight compared to other 10 ply offerings and they often needed significant weight to balance them. They got tossed out.

The Toyos had also no negatives at all. They stated in the mix. And upon several suggestions most notably Mtmuley taking the time to reaching out to me about his continued good luck with the coopers he been rebuying I added the ST max as well as AT3 with the slightly less aggressive AT 3s being the front runners.

Long story short I found Copper AT3 on eBay for 1219 for a set of four delivered to my door that was including tax. And thanks to a 200 coupon code eBay sent That was a 430 saving from anyplace else could find. Only issue was I was and am two tires short. I solved that by having my wife order another set of four with her one time code …so set number two is coming this week.

I am posting on local social media and plan to give away my current set of Falkens to someone who needs them and is short on provisions. Since spring and summer are right around the corner I will keep driving them till someone claims them. If not I will just toss them in august and put the new sets on.

Lastly I am drafting up emails and letters that will be sent to Toyotas consumers division and corporate correspondence. As the owner of three of their newer vehicles (2019,2020,and 2022 ) all the stock tires been subpar and been knock off versions ( they are produced to make price point ) and sub models of popular highly rated tires. I will stress this poor practice for to send vehicles, none of which were cheap (45- 75K). It doesn’t reflect well on the brand from a consumer standpoint. Furthermore as a stockholder we shouldn’t be seeking short term profits that cheapen long term value of our company. I am asking for an phone or video meeting from someone from corporate relations regarding this. I will see what they say.

Now back to the regular scheduled programming… I am installing a hidden mount on my Diamond back cover.
Again thank you all. You guys are top shelf.

8 for 2440 …305 a tire with tax and delivery…..it was a no brainer. I am GTG for a long time.
I had a set of those on my Dodge 2500. They were really solid on snow and ice, and surprisingly good (not great) in mud.

View attachment 269008Well Boys and Girls. You been extremely helpful. Taking the advice from mtmuley, Fl460 and many other that responded. As well as the admonishment given from JLS imploring me to do a serious cost benefit analysis ( well, cost was not involved…don’t tell my wife) ..okay want verse need analysis.
I made some changes to my thinking. Per Fl460 I went up a size to 275/65/20 on the same rims I have. Then I came to the following determinations.
TKOs thought they were my front runner had too many hit or miss reviews, coupled with poor wet pavement reviews …they didn’t seem to be a good choice for the majority of my driving use.
The Mickys I was considering were not three peak rated as I should have first noticed and living in his snow hole of Upstate NY …that’s a no go. Coupled with the fact that my hound running takes me into snow covered roads often…. Also they seems to have excessive weight compared to other 10 ply offerings and they often needed significant weight to balance them. They got tossed out.

The Toyos had also no negatives at all. They stated in the mix. And upon several suggestions most notably Mtmuley taking the time to reaching out to me about his continued good luck with the coopers he been rebuying I added the ST max as well as AT3 with the slightly less aggressive AT 3s being the front runners.

Long story short I found Copper AT3 on eBay for 1219 for a set of four delivered to my door that was including tax. And thanks to a 200 coupon code eBay sent That was a 430 saving from anyplace else could find. Only issue was I was and am two tires short. I solved that by having my wife order another set of four with her one time code …so set number two is coming this week.

I am posting on local social media and plan to give away my current set of Falkens to someone who needs them and is short on provisions. Since spring and summer are right around the corner I will keep driving them till someone claims them. If not I will just toss them in august and put the new sets on.

Lastly I am drafting up emails and letters that will be sent to Toyotas consumers division and corporate correspondence. As the owner of three of their newer vehicles (2019,2020,and 2022 ) all the stock tires been subpar and been knock off versions ( they are produced to make price point ) and sub models of popular highly rated tires. I will stress this poor practice for to send vehicles, none of which were cheap (45- 75K). It doesn’t reflect well on the brand from a consumer standpoint. Furthermore as a stockholder we shouldn’t be seeking short term profits that cheapen long term value of our company. I am asking for an phone or video meeting from someone from corporate relations regarding this. I will see what they say.

Now back to the regular scheduled programming… I am installing a hidden mount on my Diamond back cover.
Again thank you all. You guys are top shelf.

Can you tell them to shoot the assholes who made the key fob remote start dependent on subscription while you are on that call?

Can you tell them to shoot the assholes who made the key fob remote start dependent on subscription while you are on that call?
I will make a note of it. Also seems like money suck. Just offer the remote start as an option and those who want it will buy and pay for it up front.

I love running the Falken Wild Peak A/T3. There are better tires off road but there is nothing better for on and off road use than those. So the question is how hard do you off road that you need to compromise on street use and not go with those? Havent gotten into a sistusation, especially hunting, the Falken had any issues.

I love running the Falken Wild Peak A/T3. There are better tires off road but there is nothing better for on and off road use than those. So the question is how hard do you off road that you need to compromise on street use and not go with those? Havent gotten into a sistusation, especially hunting, the Falken had any issues.
The issue is the set of stock Falken A/T3 that came on the truck are an A version and total junk. They are terrible in snow and mud, and while they are comfortable on pavement and in the rain they are wearing extremely fast and won’t push them though another hunting season or winter.

The issue is the set of stock Falken A/T3 that came on the truck are an A version and total junk. They are terrible in snow and mud, and while they are comfortable on pavement and in the rain they are wearing extremely fast and won’t push them though another hunting season or winter.
Not sure what you mean by A version but yea there could be a little better in the snow. But I choose to make that compromise because there is always a long on road drive from my home base in southern CA to any good hunting.

Not sure what you mean by A version but yea there could be a little better in the snow. But I choose to make that compromise because there is always a long on road drive from my home base in southern CA to any good hunting.
Information on the "A version" on the first page of the below linked thread.

Information on the "A version" on the first page of the below linked thread.

Thanks

They aren’t the same tire as what you would buy aftermarket. They are not severe snow rated and are likely made with a shittier rubber compound.

OK update on this thread. Remember I had said I had contacted both corporate and Toyota about my dissatisfaction with the tires that came stuck on a $65,000 truck. Anyway, last Friday while I was in Reno for the pope and young convention, I was contacted by a liaison that represents to Toyota dealerships as a go-between to Toyota manufacturing. Turns out my letter to corporate got sent somewhere that ruffled a few feathers. I have an interview next Thursday at my dealership. They are going to take pictures, measurements Ect. I’m also told they will have about a 15 minute interview with questions and concerns and then I will be able to do a statement on video to be attached to the file open. Should take about an hour total.
I was told that no promises that something will come of it, but at least it would bring the issue to light and hopefully be corrected in the future.

I will let everyone know have it goes.

Update:
Had my appointment with the dealer/manufacturer liaison. They took pictures, checked the alignment which was in spec. They measured all the tread depth and they all accessed the computer.
He acknowledged this has been an issue and that the wear was unacceptable. He said they don’t have answer yet and still studying the problem. They don’t even know if it’s a tire problem or a truck issue yet. They took a statement from me and are filing the report. A copy is supposed to go to Corporate as well. hopefully I hear something back at some point.

Anyway!! New tires are on the truck and I am driving out to bear camp this weekend. I was planning on two weeks but my son got picked for an invitational tournament to represent his travel league. He been killing it,he made the U14 division A team as an 11 year old and just turned 12 last month. He is now the starting center back. I can’t miss this tournament! ⚽

Back