PEAX Equipment

Tire guru's I need help. Yes, another tire thread....

Well here she sits. After the 25 mile drive from town of which 4 was dirt I think I am going to like. No more road noise than stock tires. The ride is a little stiffer but they are aired to 38lbs. Once I bring them down to 32 or 33 lbs the ride difference should be negligible.

Can’t wait to put some on and off road miles on them this weekend. Will report back.
AF28350D-DF57-4CD2-966C-71FB57843327.jpeg

Nice tires (y)
You're correct in airing down a little bit. You can see the outer edges of the tires are not making contact.

Looks nice
Wonder how many people gave Goodyear the double barrels this week?

Thanks.

I dunno, that is the first I am hearing of the Goodyear thing. But then again I have pretty much disconnected myself from media both social and otherwise for the past several months. If it wasn't for this site and the headlines that come in over the phone notifications I wouldn't have a clue what is going on out there.

I am of the mindset that life is too short to spend it worrying about things I cannot change.

I digress, back to talking trucks and hunting..

Nice tires (y)
You're correct in airing down a little bit. You can see the outer edges of the tires are not making contact.

Thank you.

From what I understand there is a chalk test of some sort that will show you when the air pressure is just right. I think I may try it once I look it up.

Thank you.

From what I understand there is a chalk test of some sort that will show you when the air pressure is just right. I think I may try it once I look it up.

I think this is going to be the best bet to get proper inflation. Also, keep us posted on how your MPG goes with the new shoes. My GY kevlar are getting on in life so I'm starting to look at options, and if it wasn't for your post here I would have missed the E tire in stock size.

Good choice, I'll probably get these for my next set. I'm also intrigued by the new Toyo Open Country AT3. Also interested to hear your experiences with the E load on the Tacoma.

Well I had to go “ rescue” a friend yesterday who took a spill out of his boat while trying to land a fish and in the process lost his truck keys in the lake.

Drove 170 miles one way, 150 highway, 20 gravel. Averaged 22 mpg. That is better than I have ever averaged by 1.5 mpg.

On the trip back pulling his decked out 17’ fishing boat it dropped the avearge to 18.9 MPG.

Small sample but promising.

Not sure if you bought your tires yet, but if losing mileage due to extra weight is a concern, look at the Goodyear adventure with kevlar. They come stock on later Tacomas and though they are on the bottom end of tread performance off road, the kevlar affords some extra puncture protection and the mileage/wear is good. I could get one more winter out of mine in the suburbs, but I'd not trust them in the mountains this Fall with any significant amount of snow. I'm replacing them with the Goodyear Ultraterrains (265/70/16) a week from Friday. They're SL range and 42lbs a piece.

These are only 'ok' tires IMO. I've had 4 punctures in <2 years on the stock GY Kevlars. Presumably from driving USFS roads, which is what I do when off pavement. All vehicle legal roads on the MVUM.

I have been following this thread and just put some discover at3 LT (275/65/18) on my 2016 f150 and was curious what air pressure guys are running empty.

I do pull a 4000 lb boat quite a bit but bought these tires for all of the hunting I plan on doing now that I am moving out west.

The dealership set them at 40.

thanks!!

I have been following this thread and just put some discover at3 LT (275/65/18) on my 2016 f150 and was curious what air pressure guys are running empty.

I do pull a 4000 lb boat quite a bit but bought these tires for all of the hunting I plan on doing now that I am moving out west.

The dealership set them at 40.

thanks!!
I keep E rated tires at around 40 on a half ton.

Thanks.

I dunno, that is the first I am hearing of the Goodyear thing. But then again I have pretty much disconnected myself from media both social and otherwise for the past several months. If it wasn't for this site and the headlines that come in over the phone notifications I wouldn't have a clue what is going on out there.

I am of the mindset that life is too short to spend it worrying about things I cannot change.

I digress, back to talking trucks and hunting..

Exactly what I have been doing since March, IMO social media & the general news media are bad for one's mental health, I keep my world small, if it's outside of my circle of control then I don't want to hear about it...........

The ride is noticeably rougher and I'm sure I'll take a slight hit on MPG.

View attachment 152162
What tire in what size?

Now that I aired the Coopers down to 33 PSI cold the ride is just slightly rougher than stock. My MPG actually improved by about 1.5 miles per gallon so far. I have no idea how that is possible but after 1000 miles I don't think it is a fluke.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back