Caribou Gear Tarp

Tire guru's I need help. Yes, another tire thread....

I always buy LT’s. I like the stiffer ride. It makes the truck handle much better and is well worth the increased jarring when you go over bumps. I’ve used three models of BFG ATs a few different GoodYear Wranglers, and some Pirelli ATs that are no longer made. On pavement, especially wet pavement, the other tires beat the BFG KO2’s, but off pavement they beat all the other ATs. They last forever too.

The choice is between D and E.
I will only buy E tires, but I also drive the clinker/shale roads of SE Montana every day. You may decide that the extra mpg is worth the bigger chance of a flat tire when you are in MT. DO NOT DRIVE ON THE CLINKER/SHALE ROADS WITH 4 PLY TIRES.
+1 painfully agree. Just had to put four shoes on the GMC after a trip with a little rock hopping a couple of weeks ago in Michelin A/Ts. A slow leak turned out to be a destroyed tire.

If you are going to be off road a lot, I would run an E and just put less air in them. You can get away with 40-50 psi in and E range, which will help improve the ride, and you'll have a super tough tire.
Well the less pressure set the in dash pressure sensors off? I no it will in my F-350. I would like to run less pressure but can't

Well the less pressure set the in dash pressure sensors off? I no it will in my F-350. I would like to run less pressure but can't
A shop should be able to reprogram the TPMS alert setting. My work pickup is set to 36 psi (Silverado de Mexico).

Why can't you? The TPSM light has been on in my truck for over a year now. It's been on so long I don't even notice it anymore.

I do have black tape?
Well there you go.

For lots of really rocky roads, I’d look at something like the Cooper ST Maxx, Toyo RT or CT, Mickey Thompson ATZP3, or something similar. Think three ply sidewalks and load range E. And for the love of God, reduce the pressure and slow down.

Edit: Larger, heavier lugs and deeper tread depth will reduce the likelihood of a rock going through the tread face relative to lighter construction all terrain tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back