Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tire guru's I need help. Yes, another tire thread....

They are a great looking tire.

Yeah, I like the way they look too. The guy I was BS'ing with while I waited spoke highly of them. He told me he thought they were a better all around tire than the Duratrac and the Adventurer and has heard nothing but positive feedback.

My take on Tires on a truck if it's a half ton get the E rated tires. Why in one day off road I had 5 flat tires from rocks going through the tread to brush punctured the side wall to cactus needles.
Just FYI the 5 flats in one day was when I was in the Marine Corp.
So for me I will take the extra in E rated tires vs C.

Anyone seen the new Toyo Open Country At3? Never been a Toyo guy, but these look like a good one.

Anyone seen the new Toyo Open Country At3? Never been a Toyo guy, but these look like a good one.
After using the AT2, I won't be buying Toyo again. New ones might be better, but the AT2 was the absolute worst snow and ice tire I've ever had on a truck. mtmuley

After using the AT2, I won't be buying Toyo again. New ones might be better, but the AT2 was the absolute worst snow and ice tire I've ever had on a truck. mtmuley

Yeah, I've heard this before and that's the main reason I stayed away from them. The new one has a little more of the BFG AT look so might be better. Tough to move away from the Coopers tho.

The AT3 is supposedly a little more capable and has the 3 peak rating, where the 2 did not, but I didn't spend a lot of time looking at them with so many mediocre, un-sponsored reviews.

Thought I would post a pic of the pick-up wearing it's new shoes. I went with Cooper Discoverer ATP. My bro in AZ runs these on his Ram diesel and gets 45-50k out of them and he does quite a bit of off-roading and firewood hauling to heat his home.
While I like the looks of more aggressive tires I really don't need them. These A/T's should do just fine for my needs.
They are very quiet and smooth riding. And they are made in the USA!

0915201552-00.jpg0915201041-00.jpg

And sometimes it just doesn’t matter... In my defense, this hidden swamp was frozen solid the night before.

I have done the exact same thing. :ROFLMAO: The muddy area was frozen solid when we went in but thawed in the sunlight. We had to wait half the night for it to freeze solid enough to get the rest of the way out.

I have done the exact same thing. :ROFLMAO: The muddy area was frozen solid when we went in but thawed in the sunlight. We had to wait half the night for it to freeze solid enough to get the rest of the way out.
Fortunately that was only a few hundred yards from camp and my buddy’s truck, it was an easy tow out.

Without a lift, you'll only be able to put chains on the back which is better than not.

Difference between D and E is minimal. E load are probably not necessary. Fuel Mileage will drop by around 2 mpg (possibly more at higher highway speeds)

Definitely look at Tacoma World for since there are probably 3500 tire conversations.
I have to echo everything Mthuntr just said. He's right on the money.
I just put a new set on my 19 Tacoma. Toyo Open Country IIIs in the OEM size.
too early to tell how much I like them yet but so far I have no complaints. My truck is a daily driver and only spends maybe 20 percent of its time off road so I have to balance out the perks.

I have to echo everything Mthuntr just said. He's right on the money.
I just put a new set on my 19 Tacoma. Toyo Open Country IIIs in the OEM size.
too early to tell how much I like them yet but so far I have no complaints. My truck is a daily driver and only spends maybe 20 percent of its time off road so I have to balance out the perks.

Keep us posted, I'm due for new tires in the next 6ish months and these are very intriguing. Be interested to know how they work out for you.

So far the Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT Load Range E in stock size I put on the Tacoma are doing very well.

After chalk testing they ended up at 35 psi cold in the front and 32 psi in the rear. The fuel economy is 22 MPG so far with about 2000 miles in the books on the new tires which is 1.5 MPG better than what I was getting with the factory tires.

The ride is just slightly stiffer than the stock tires. The road noise is non-existent. The handling on dry and wet roads is superb. I haven't done any serious off road driving with them yet so the jury is still out there.

Keep us posted, I'm due for new tires in the next 6ish months and these are very intriguing. Be interested to know how they work out for you.
Will do. I'll be taking them to check my cameras over in kentucky tomorrow I'm interested in seeing how well the treads clean mud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back