Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tire chain storage?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
After each use, I dry my chains and place them back in the original canvas bag, along with tighteners. During hunting season and winter months, they are stowed in a heavy RubberMate storage box, padlocked to the pickup box. Also stowed are come-along, tow chain, extra ropes, plastic storage bags, tarp (for staying dry installing chains), and other smaller paraphernalia of use during backcountry road crises ... for which I have an innate propensity. :D

I have a cool old Vietnam era rocket box my parents scored at a yard sale back in the day. It’s big enough for all my emergency stuff, is strapped in easy, but can also be removed. Oh, it’s in the back of my truck under the tonneau… I’m kind of offering it up to be stolen I guess…

I have a sealed ammo container for each chain, that why they do not get tangled, I use short bungee cords instead of the rubber rings so I keep 6-8 of those in each one on top.

I have found that keeping chains dry and clean makes them much easier to put on versus covered in ice and snow in unsealed containers.

I've got mine sitting in a Rubbermaid action packer along with a few other odds and ends. Pulled them out for the first time in a couple of years at a Frozen boat ramp, and it was a giant pain in the ass to get them untangled. Cold hands and fading light.

When i got home, I laid them out and sprayed them with WD-40. Stuffed one end into a king sized pillowcase and folded the other end over the outside. Then rolled it all up. did the same with the other one, and stuck them back in the bottom of the action packer. Hopefully the next time they are needed I won't have to spend 20 minutes just trying to untangle them.

I use kitty litter buckets, my mother in-law seems to have a unlimited supply, keep all my kinetic ropes and chains in them
their water tight and chea to replace

One of the few useful thing that cats provide me is the multitude of good square or rectangular buckets for storing odds and ends. All my ratchet straps and bungee straps live in one in my pickup.

I had kept mine in a bucket but having to break the ice off before installing wasn’t good.
I also had it drummed into me about limiting what I keep inside the cab, as a friend had his neck broken by jetsam inside the cab during a rollover.
Don’t like that your friend was injured, but think more folks should be aware of what would go flying in an accident.

How long is the pipe?
I haven’t cut it yet.
I need to get a cap for one end, stand it up and let chains settle a little and then cut to length.
It is currently 77” but is too long for my shortbed.

I will cut and store under bed rail.

i use a couple dog food bags inside each other,,semi waterproof but also poke a couple holes in the bottom for drainage,,,cost$0

Just got these bags from sportsman guide. I ordered 3; 2 for chains and one for tools. 94918494-BDA0-4D02-A71B-0737ACDECF83.jpeg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back