Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tikka t3?

I have and love my Tikka T3. It's a 270wsm and shoots great. My wife and daughter also enjoy shooting it. My wife likes and has more confidence in it than her Marlin XS7. I bought her a Tikka for this year in the same caliber as mine. She puts a limbsaver recoil pad on and doesn't notice the kick.

I bought a Tikka T3 when they first came out in .300 Win Mag. I've shot Sako's all my life and knew that these would be good shooters.

I'm not sold on the magazine, but they shoot very well. I don't think the kick is any worse than to be expected - but recoil is a very personal opinion. My Dad has an old '06 that I can't shoot more than once at a time.

I've taken a few things with that gun now ( 6 elk, a few deer and now a bear). It's a keeper for me.

I would like to get my bolt spiral fluted, any suggestions? I'm from around billings mt.

Did you check out the link I posted to ProPrecision? He is in Idaho and another one who does very fine work is Kampfield Custom. They too are in the process of moving to Idaho so they may be hard to get ahold of until the shop is set up. I don't know if Kampfield does Tikka though.

My eye always snags on a spiral fluted bolt....like.

Nice looking Tikka Southwind.

My Tikka T3 (30.06) shoots way better than the guy squeezing the trigger. I'm not wild about the plastic, but then again I really liked the price, weight and performance. I installed a Limbsaver pad because I'm a recoil puss and don't feel a thing. I'd like to pick up one in 7-08 as well if I'm going to do more rifle hunting.

My Tikka T3 (30.06) shoots way better than the guy squeezing the trigger. I'm not wild about the plastic, but then again I really liked the price, weight and performance. I installed a Limbsaver pad because I'm a recoil puss and don't feel a thing. I'd like to pick up one in 7-08 as well if I'm going to do more rifle hunting.

Is the Limb Saver pad a slip-on/over or is it a replacement?

Ok I'm ordering one, the didnt have the wood stock in 7-08 so now I have to decide between blued or stainless. Any thoughts? Does it matter?

My Dad and a close friend both shoot T3s.

While I've never been a fan of push feed bolts, they are amazingly accurate guns.

Ok I'm ordering one, the didnt have the wood stock in 7-08 so now I have to decide between blued or stainless. Any thoughts? Does it matter?

I prefer stainless for hunting. It holds up a little better to moisture and debris.

But I would live to get a wood stock Tikka to go with my Syn/SS.

I have two of them. Since I'm a lefty my options are limited in finish combos. Both of mine are black synthetic and stainless. One is .270 and the other 30-06. The .270 has been on 4 trips and I've killed 2 mule deer and 5 antelope with it. The 06 will be making its debut this October on my elk hunt.

I have zero complaints. They shoot better than I do! I'd recommend them to anyone. They're hard to beat for the money.

Got it in stainless, just need to figure out the scope mounts and I'll start the break in. Found out about Boyd stocks, will probably get one of those after this hunting season if she shoots well.

Got it in stainless, just need to figure out the scope mounts and I'll start the break in. Found out about Boyd stocks, will probably get one of those after this hunting season if she shoots well.

Definitely avoid the rings that come with it. Unless they've changed them, they are junk.

The supplied rings are crap that shift under recoil, leupold makes a set for them. I prefer the matte black hardware on a ss gun, the ss never matches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagrimes1
Back