Kenetrek Boots

Tikka t3?

Is talley lightweight a stock? I got the rifle, put leupold bases and rings on it, and a viper hs 4x16/44 scope on it. Got it sighted in with 6 shots. Still breaking in the barrel so I'm cleaning the rifle between each shot. Still don't know how it's gonna shoot yet since I only had an hour to shoot today. Looking at Boyd stocks, anyone ever buy one?

I've got a T3 Lite .300 and while I've heard mostly all good things about them, I couldn't get mine to shoot worth a crap. To be fair, I haven't had the time to spend a lot of time with it but have shot many different types of bullets out of it but have had no luck. I used the factory rings though and that could very well be the reason it shoots poorly. Once I get some new rings and possibly a different base, I'm hoping it'll shoot better.

For the guys that have one and it shoots well, did you use the factory rings?

I've got a T3 Lite .300 and while I've heard mostly all good things about them, I couldn't get mine to shoot worth a crap. To be fair, I haven't had the time to spend a lot of time with it but have shot many different types of bullets out of it but have had no luck. I used the factory rings though and that could very well be the reason it shoots poorly. Once I get some new rings and possibly a different base, I'm hoping it'll shoot better.

For the guys that have one and it shoots well, did you use the factory rings?

I tried them and it didn't shoot well. I think I put Leupold rings and bases on it. It's a tack driver now.

I have two Wheatherby Vanguards in 30-06 and 300 win mag. Bought wood stocks for both of them from Boyd's. Fit perfect and both shoot moa. I bought the thumb hole stock for the 300 win mag. It gives great control for the mag kick. I had to install a slip on limbsaver pad because they only come with ½" stock pads. Beautiful stocks.

I'm in the 1st stages of putting together a 338 Federal. Looked over the Boyd's, but then I found Richards Microfit. Great selection, from basic to bazzar.

On the larger calibers, you need aftermarket rings. Almost everyone that has bought one reports a problem with factory rings slipping on big bores.

As Tupperware stocks go the tikka is a good stock and can't really claim any accuracy gains for one the rifle shoots great with both. I just like the Kevlar stocks. I really like the B&C stock though.

Back