Thumb Bow release

Melman

I've been thinking about switching to a thumb style release. I shot a tru-fire this weekend and liked it a lot. It had the rotating head which seemed nice, but I also see a lot of the top end (more expensive) releases and they don't necessarily all have the rotating head on it. I really liked drawing the bow with this style release, and I also liked how it shortened up my draw a little bit, my bow is a touch long for me so helps a lot. Any suggestions or things to look for that I might be missing? I'd like to have a full containment style so I have the option to hook it on and leave it there. but maybe I don't want that for some reason I'm not thinking about.

Do you use a string loop? If so, I'd think the rotating head would be less of a "have to have". I grew up using a hand held thumb release and will be going back to one. Mine will be full containment as I want the ability to leave it on the string. For standing hunting, I like that alot!

Be careful leaving them on the string and trying to crawl into range on animals! I lost a chance at a bull last year because my release came off my string and when I got into range and ready to shoot there was no release

Do you use a string loop? If so, I'd think the rotating head would be less of a "have to have". I grew up using a hand held thumb release and will be going back to one. Mine will be full containment as I want the ability to leave it on the string. For standing hunting, I like that alot!

Same here: My eyes are bad and I wear glasses. While hunting I hate to wear the glasses and let's just say that attaching the release to the loop is a pain when the deer is approaching. With the thumb release I just leave it attached. Much easier for me.

good luck to all
the dog

I do use a string loop. currently use the hook style release so you don't have to click it onto the string, would like to use the full containment style thumb release so I could leave it on the string if I was going to stand hunt or just be in one place for extended periods of time. True Fire makes a hardcore 4 finger model with a hook release but also has a string loop retainer that I think is removable. anyone have any experience with this release? likes dislikes. also looking at the Jimi T from Jim Fletcher. I currently use the Fletch hook wrist release from them and like its trigger mechanism. also looking at the Hot Shot Vapor. trying to keep it in the $100 range. will I be kicking myself in a year for buying a cheaper release wishing I would have spent the extra $100 on a Carter or Scott?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back