Throwback Hunt

pojoaque40

New idea for an episode. Randy and guests in red plaid and blue jeans. Sleeping in surplus army pup tents, showing up in an old Scout. Cleaning animals with a fixed blade Buck knife. Drinking Hamms and Leinenkuegels, smoking pipes. No onx, no gps, just maps and compass. Basically no technology from the past 40 years (although i'd allow a rangefinder for ethical harvest purposes). Just doing it the way our fathers and grandfathers did it.

C'mon, one hunt, just for funsies. Let the sponsors and contractual obligations have the day off. Who'd like to see it?

Last edited:

tzone

New idea for an episode. Randy and guests in red plaid and blue jeans. Sleeping in surplus army pup tents, showing up in an old Scout. Cleaning animals with a fixed blade Buck knife. Drinking Hamms and Leinenkuegels, smoking pipes. No onx, no gps, just maps and compass. Basically no technology from the past 40 years (although i'd allow a rangefinder for ethical harvest purposes). Just doing it the way our fathers and grandfathers did it.

C'mon, one hunt, just for funsies. Let the sponsors and contractual obligations have the day off. Who'd like to see it?

That's not a throwback hunt. He could just film a opening weekend on MN deer opener.

bobbydean

Love it. Really describes my normal hunt without the plastic strap on the binos. Gave that up in the 80's.

Sawtooth

Army surplus wool pants that weigh in at ten lbs. are always a nice touch. Top it all off with a pair of Redwing boots and a wool beanie that stands 5 inches off your head.

noharleyyet

...brush blind, Rem 760 Gamemaster 30-naught, Weaver K-6 Dual X, Wranglers, Tony Lamas, Carhart Khaki shirt/Goose Down Western Jacket accordingly (black or brown)....gimme John Deere cap.

...Down Jacket accoutrement....apre hunt.

Last edited:

Brian in Montana

I really kind of like the old On Your Own Adventure episodes, back when Randy and company chased pronghorn around in Wranglers and Realtree. Good stuff.

👍