MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Three days of MT duck hunting

mtmiller

My little brother (actually younger, since he is 6'6") came up from Arizona last year for his first duck hunt. He and I had a blast, so he was up again last week. We got into the birds, but shooting was more of the object than holding out for specific species. I may have to make my bro' start paying for his own shells. the one day he shot nearly 2 1/2 boxes of steel to get his limit of 6. :eek: However fun was had by all. Here is the bag from day one. We limited out in an hour, but once again, we didn't pass on much.
P1030585.sized.jpg

Here is another shot with the three of us. I think I have introduced Axl before, haven't I? ;)
P1030620.sized.jpg

Day two started out a little slower for killing, but not shoting (I did mention 2 1/2 boxes didn't I). These guys had there eyes to the sky trying to locate ducks.
P1030627.sized.jpg

It was a memorable day for me. Last year I was shut out for bands, so this lifted my spirits. Axl was even impressed with the jewelry. The cool part is that this band does not have teh 1-800 number, so it is fairly old. I guess I will find out in a few weeks.
P1030660_flip.sized.jpg

Day two ended with another couple of limits and a worn out, but happy pup.
P1030679.sized.jpg

Day three.

Axl continued where he left off and tracked down birds. The first one is a hatch year pintail drake.
P1030702_flip.sized.jpg

Axl with his blinders on.
P1030720.sized.jpg

Here is proof we didn't shoot every mallard hen that came into the dekes, although I am up to 2 for the year.

P1030735.sized.jpg

I spent more time clicking pictures on this last day and watching the other two work, so I only shot two birds, while my bro' took another limit. I guess it is time for some more jerky. :D Isn't this the coolest dog ever? :cool:
P1030804.sized.jpg

Congrats on the ducks. :D That is definitely thee coolest dog.
Are you passed your limit for hens???

INcredable pics Mt again.

Hey moosie maybe you should ban him he is showing you up on the picture dept. ;)

Delw

MT,
Nice story. Looks like a rigneck or 2?
Any push of new birds yet?
Been watching Nexrad radar for Minot etc. looks like a few new birds are showing in NOdak.
WD

I did not see a push of new birds, but maybe some new birds showed up over the weekend. No ringed necks in the bag. They are uncommon in the area I hunt. I think we only took mallards, pintails, wigeon, gadwalls and a GWT.

Congrats! How did you brothers get so big and you're well... ;)

Great pics! The ones with Axl are even better. Guess, you like that camera, huh??

If he's 6'6 you must have used that photography trick where you position yourself closer to the camera in order to look bigger. I the second shot you look like an ordinary stud, must be some kind of trick photography. . .

Nice shots, glad you had a good time. You better get yourself in shape to pack my dear out agin this year, only, it will be about 75 lb's heavier and 50 points larger. . .

Finalshot

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back