Thoughts please

Darn it!

A 175 grain 7mm. I stocked up on 175 grain 7mm Partitions because the heaviest accubond(I knew about) was 160...

Last edited:
Interesting BC claims dustin. If it's any consolation, they may be pretty hard to find, for a while anyway.

from what I understand is that they are not available yet. I highly doubt that they will be any better than Accubonds especially when talking hunting conditions. My second concern is how long are these bullets as they may have to be seated deeper into the case to fit in a given rifle.

Ken, I'm really looking forward to these bullets coming out, I was told they would be available in 'spring,' now I'm hearing 'summer.' The difference may be negligible in real-world hunting situations, but I'm looking forward to testing out the higher BC ratings. In many of the rifles I've tested Accubonds and Berger VLDs side by side, the VLDs have usually held tighter groups. If you prefer the Accubond over the VLD the tighter groups were probably not enough to switch. I've had good results with VLDs, so it's not that I want to switch, but if the new LR Accubond improves the groupings then I plan on using them in a couple of rifles. Hopefully they'll be available soon. Good luck.

Nosler has historically overrated their published BC's of their bullets. I will be very pleasantly surprised if their published data is anywhere close to actual performance. Time will tell but with current conditions I will be surprised if there is much availability of these bullets this year.

Rumor has it they have a thinner jacket than the regular Accu's.

If you need a LR bullet, they will probably be damn fine. On the other hand, they might not be as good as the regular ones on elk and such.

I'm a huge Accubond fan, they've treated me very well. I know others disagree but I also remember when the ballistic tips first came out there was lots of tooth gnashing going on about them too. It wasn't long and everyone was selling some kind of polycarbonate tipped bullet.
I'm not sure that I buy into those super high BC's but for sure I want to give the 7mm 175's a try. We'll see....

I plan on trying the 190gr .30 cal version once I can get some. I too am skeptical of the published BCs. It'll be nice if Litz can get some to get the rest of us the real numbers.

I can't wait to stuff some of the 210's in my RUM. Nosler is just trying to cash in on the LR craze. I've been shooting the regular Accubond for 10 years without a problem. Drank some Berger Koolaid, but promptly spit it out. Whether the BC's hold up to published numbers or not, they should be an improvement over current offerings. Probably gonna play with that 150 grain .277 also. mtmuley

BC's aside, just remember that these are heavier for the caliber bullets, therefore longer and may require a faster twist rifling to stabilize.

loading data will rarely specify twist rates because as soon as they do, someone will say that their rifle with a 1:28 inch twist shoots 1/2 MOA groups so why the faster rate? Fact is that the distance between the front pointy end and the flat back end of the bullet will determine the twist rate required to stabilize any bullet at any given velocity. The faster the bullet moves, the less critical the twist rate is as the higher velocity imparts a faster RPM. It will effect down range accuracy as it will effect the distance at which the bullet begins to destablize. I would estimate with these bullets a twist rate of 1:9 would be good and 1:7.5 would be better. 1:10 would be minimum. Oh, one more falace about reloading. You cannot "overstablize" a bullet. What may happen with smaller calibers is you may spin the bullet so fast it comes apart. This is common with over capacity, small caliber cartridges like the over bore 17s and 22s. I have a 22 wildcat that is famous for turing frangible, hollow point varmint bullets to a puff of grey smoke about 10 feet out of the muzzle.

Last edited:
I just looked at the box of my 210 gr ALRs. It doesn't have a reccomended twist rate, but the Nosler site might. They just upgraded it a couple days ago. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonasababy
Back