Thoughts on Wolves?

Hopefully the bottom doesn't fall out of the YNP elk herd. The age of the herd is pretty high, hopefully it's not too late. Cross the fingers and get the wolves under control. Here's the latest counts.

hntnforaclue,

Actually, you're wrong. I think that every U.S. citizen should and should have commented on the wolf issue...many did. Apparently you either didnt care or didnt want to take the time to comment. Thats your fault.

By the way, I think your opinion on wolves even if you lived in New England is needed and important...its a national issue...not a state issue.

Matter of fact if you would have read this entire thread you'd see where I stated that same thing.

As to the Selway elk, you're being sold a bill of goods if you think wolves are the main issue. They arent.

1/18/07
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) -- The regional director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service says the federal agency would consider only minor modifications to its proposal to designate a huge swath of northwestern Wyoming as a permanent management area for wolves.

The federal agency late last year suggested that Wyoming designate a permanent wolf management area as a way to end the stand-off between the state and federal government over wolf management. Some landowners and livestock groups oppose the idea.

Wyoming's lack of a federally approved wolf plan has prevented the animal from being removed from the federal endangered species list in Wyoming as well as in Idaho and Montana.

Mitch King is regional director for the Fish and Wildlife Service in Denver.

King said yesterday that reducing the permanent wolf area significantly could threaten the long-term survival of wolves in the state. He says Wyoming is responsible for maintaining at least 100 wolves.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

list them as predators and let it get started.its the fwls thats grandstanding.
our plan will work its montana and idaho
who will lose control of the populations
if we try to raise them as big game they will never be kept in check.

hntnforaclue,

Actually, you're wrong. I think that every U.S. citizen should and should have commented on the wolf issue...many did. Apparently you either didnt care or didnt want to take the time to comment. Thats your fault. You act as if you are the only one that commented. Many did and do not feel like their comments were taken as legitimate. Right or wrong.........

As to the Selway elk, you're being sold a bill of goods if you think wolves are the main issue. They arent.
Enlighten everyone please:D

Bullhound...enlighten everyone on what?

The comments received or the facts regarding elk in the Selway.

There were 72,000 comments received on the final EIS...70,000 in favor of reintroduction...2,000 against. Everyone that commented was taken seriously.

As to the Selway elk.

Its no secret that the habitat in the Lochsa/Selway has been in decline for a long time. The burns of 1910 and 1919 made excellent habitat and elk numbers increased dramatically in the years following.

Nearly 100 years of fire suppression, later successional habitat, increased roading, and hunting pressure have had a much bigger impact on elk in the Lochsa/Selway than wolves ever will.

The same can be said for the Montana side of the 1910 burn area...just to the North of Kelly Creek. I hunted that country extensively (the MT side) and the amount and number of elk was steadily declining all through the 80's and 90's...long before wolves were reintroduced.

Middleton,

You're an idiot, you dont even know what an EIS is...let alone the legal issues surrounding NEPA.

The USFWS absolutely is required by law to "count the ones that were against it"...

Once again you're pulling imaginary facts right out of your ass.

What a clown.

of the 70,000 69,000 were peta repetitive e-mails. and the fws didn't count the ones that were against it
Middleton, more of your "pull it out of your ass numbers". No doubt there were form letters, that I will agree with you on, but....
  1. 69,000 from PETA; prove it
  2. 69,000 repetitive; prove it
  3. not counting ones that were against it; prove it

In 14 pages you have made a pile of accusations with nothing to back it up.

Now I will throw out a number...your IQ is about 20. Similar to some of your statements. I have nothing to back it up, but the more you post, the more credible it appears.;)

now all you have to do is prove some of the statements you have made and make me look the fool. Please carry on.:D

what a bunch of pricks hang here i hope none of you ever shoot a wyoming wolf.
hope we get predator status and that's that. you guys can whine cry and piss and moan all you want. I'm done with it
you all will be voting for hillary i bet.

what a bunch of pricks hang here i hope none of you ever shoot a wyoming wolf.
hope we get predator status and that's that. you guys can whine cry and piss and moan all you want. I'm done with it
you all will be voting for hillary i bet.
Well if you can't back anything up, then later. I for one will not miss you.

Chalk me up as one of the pricks, but don't judge everyone here the same.

Middleton,

Either back up your B.S. or quit your crying. You get called on pure B.S. statements then whimper like a whipped pup about it. What did you expect?

Oh, and if wolves are listed as predators...I can still hunt them in Wyoming.

I win either way.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back