Caribou Gear Tarp

This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
I can’t say the chorded chainsaw falls within the realm of my recommendations but I would be lying if I said my truck didn’t have multiple battery powered chainsaws on it. Boy it’s nice to not need to pull start a chainsaw when your hanging upside down.

And to be honest I run plant based bar oil.

A4687D68-0681-4289-8891-0E75DCA88343.jpeg

I can’t say the chorded chainsaw falls within the realm of my recommendations but I would be lying if I said my truck didn’t have multiple battery powered chainsaws on it. Boy it’s nice to not need to pull start a chainsaw when your hanging upside down.

View attachment 282566

2 liberals!

Gasp!!!!!

View attachment 282566
You use that in all your saws? mtmuley

You use that in all your saws? mtmuley
Yes for bar oil. They make a product for mixed gas but I don’t use that.

I figure since 90 percent of the time I’m cutting live trees (pruning) that it would be better for the trees. 🤷‍♂️

It’s great in the winter though, doesn’t get thick lick conventional bar oils.

So far I’ve been extremely happy with it. I’ve been running it for two or three years now

Yes for bar oil. They make a product for mixed gas but I don’t use that.

I figure since 90 percent of the time I’m cutting live trees (pruning) that it would be better for the trees. 🤷‍♂️

It’s great in the winter though, doesn’t get thick lick conventional bar oils.

So far I’ve been extremely happy with it. I’ve been running it for two or three years now
I get it with the live tree cutting. I'm strictly firewood and general use so I like the Stihl Platinum. mtmuley

I watched Mike Rowe from dirty jobs try to start a chainsaw the other day and honestly, I had to look away. lmao.

My father-in-law was a logger for 30 years. Watching him (even at 62) run a chainsaw is impressive.
He sure has taught me a lot and I thought I was pretty good with a saw. Looking back, it's amazing how hard I was working before. lol

@wllm
In all seriousness, check with your County and see if the structure qualifies as a Historical Building because of its age. It's a simple phone call and could potentially give you access to state grants and other federal programs designed to help owners maintain/protect older homes even if they do not have historical backgrounds.
Good luck and congratulations on the purchase.
Can't speak to the specific locality, but be careful doing that and accepting .gov money.

1. It's .gov money.
2. I've done many "historical" projects going that route, and the BINDERS are not fun.

otherwise, its a '27. Dont worry too much. Ive worked on much older homes that have 10x the character as 60s-now homes.

If it has k&t, and it's functioning, let it be unless you're gonna gut it all. Get rid of cpvc if it's there. Depending on foundation type and basement floor, moisture is your enemy. Barrier and active radon prevent and remove a lot of subfloor moisture, respectively. Insulate from the outside in, top down, but it'll probably have a mix of layers.

Vermiculite is pretty, just don't eat it.

Wet down any asbestos

Get rid of lead if it's present

Take your time

Create your life in it and make memories. That's all an honest man can ask for.

The rest of my advice is not for an honest man with Virgin ears

Back