This is ironic

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
For us it is. Laughing about meth heads playing with shiny rocks is pretty light hearted compared to what you might hear us talking about when drinking a beer.
Glad you guys laugh it up. Having it be an issue with a family member might change shit for you. Keep smiling. mtmuley

Glad you guys laugh it up. Having it be an issue with a family member might change shit for you. Keep smiling. mtmuley
I wouldn’t say laugh it up, and it probably would. Wishing you the best with that, it has to be incredibly difficult.

I wouldn’t say laugh it up, and it probably would. Wishing you the best with that, it has to be incredibly difficult.
The issue is over. Doesn't end well usually. Gives me a good perspective on the problem. I didn't laugh once. Thanks for the concern though. mtmuley

Oh come on. Really? You’re making some broad assumtive leaps here that aren’t fair. You should go sit down with a cop or an EMT, or a nurse and you might see your take isn’t quite accurate.

For example, good friend of mine WAS a firefighter/paramedic. Did it for a few years. Saw some horrific shit. Never developed the ability to disconnect what he saw at work from his family. Couldn’t deal with the dark humor because of that. He’s in a different field now.

It’s as much a survival mechanism as anything. Without it, you’d be without a lot of professionals.

In fairness, I’ve never lost a family member to meth. I have to alcoholism and eventually suicide, but in reality they aren’t the same.

Dark humor likely appears very callous to an outside observer. @mtmuley I will collectively apologize for all of us. I know it’s completely counterintuitive one can have compassion and empathy, yet joke about it as well. There are a myriad of professions that survive via this humor. I’m sorry it hit a nerve and I’m certainly sorry for your loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back