Things To Say When Caught Sleeping At Your Desk

DixieLady

" They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

"This is just a 15 minute power-nap, like the one they raved about in that time management course you sent me to."

"I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on our mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm."

"I was merely testing my keyboard for drool resistance. It wasn't mentioned in the owner's manual."

"Damn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."

"The coffee machine is broken and I didn't think you wanted me to leave the office to go out and buy coffee without telling you first."

"I am so glad you are here. Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot and I had no idea!"

"Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out. You probably got here just in time! Thank You!"

Best thing I ever heard about getting caught sleeping at work...one former co-worker had the presence of mind upon getting caught asleep at her desk on graveyard shift to say "Amen" before opening her eyes. Wasn't a darned thing the management scoundrels could do about that! They didn't stop to think she had worked a double shift...they just wanted to fire someone. My hat is off to Tilly...she's one smart cookie!

-RogueWarrior-

Back