There's a marmot in my truck

I brought a marmot home from summiting a 14’r once. I kept hearing weird noises coming from the body and I stopped twice trying to figure it out. I put the truck in the garage at home and next morning my JRT killed a marmot in the garage.

On cold day back in 1987 my grandfathert started up his Ford Bronco (OJ size) and found out that the nighbors cat had crawled up into the engine near the fan to warm itself.

He cleaned out cat fur from that engine compartment until the day he died.

Maybe you will have a cool story too...lol

I had to do combat with one last week! Used a hose to drive him to rear of my truck and eventually snared him with a broom stick/wire. Angry little bastard, sure didnt like getting pooked by a arrow with a broadhead to move him in truck frame. Evetually performed a catch and released him down the road. My daughter had a blast helping me catch him. Whole time my wife is watching and laughing.

Essential truck gear for the high country hunter.
View attachment 229916
I had a marmot in my engine compartment for the better part of the week, one of my more redneck friends volunteered to grab it using welders gloves... turns out an average-sized marmot can beat a grown adult human in an arm wrestling match if the human is laying on their back under a truck... once we all stopped crying from laughing so hard we engaged in a shootout that probably resembled @neffa3 's ordeal, with no apparent effect on the marmot, and a significant emotional impact on my neighbors who were watching...

it took driving the truck back to the trailhead with the marmot sitting on top of the transmission and leaving it for 24 hours to convince him to leave his newfound mobile home...

Had a co-worker that lives on an older farm and had a bull snake problem, one summer caught 27 of them in his basement. had an older pick up truck, must of had a hole somewhere cuz He told me that one day he was driving to work and had a big bull snake slither across his dash right at him.......

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back