The West side east side story!!!

Foe the big fish isn't it suppose to be a bass? or was there some sort of goonefish in there? if your counting catfish Delw might as well count Lipripper. He did have a line on him!

Well, I might as well fill you in on the WHOLE story now :D . My friend, his almost stepson, and I got to the lake at about 4:30. We started out with a leisurely run and down the lake trying to blow some more carbon out of my carbs(another story). We decided to head back to ramps to see if I could find the fella's about 6:30 when coming into the No Wake area when the prop spun. Not a fun thing to have happen. Well we decided to fish around the marina and picked up 3 nice 2.5# and one nice catfish(4.5#). Well Delw already mentioned the "ride" upriver ;) . Managed a couple up there 1.5-2#. Nothing to right home about, but enough to put a hurting on the Westsiders!! All in all, I caught 6 bass, 1 catfish, and even with a busted prop, broken transducer on trolling motor :mad: , I had one of the best times fishing. Especially when the boy was reeling in the fish I was hooking. He really enjoyed that. Cant wait to do it again.

By the way, Big Thanks to you Delw for the tow, I know it was a PITA, but much appreciated.

LipRipper

LipRipper I didnt mind at all and would do it for anyone.... Yes even and east side guy like yourself..LOL I look at it this way since you were already at the lake you might as well fish it ....

Delw

This morning I have seen pictures and read some stories. That is what it has been all aboout. Congrats to all and thanks for sharing your moment with us.

Okay, I will concede the Saguaro trip to the "Eastsiders" since I was the only Westsider to even catch a fish. (no help from Del or MM) LipRippers bass that I did see was bigger then the one I caught. But my Bass Cat was bigger then his but not as big as Got Fishes. So the eastside wins this round.

Next trip should be at Pleasant if LipRipper can get over his prejudice of that lake. Looks like he is the eastsides best bet. If the westside wins there then we need to have a fish off at a neutral lake. How about Powell for the fall topwater bite?

Westy...

I also vote for Pleasant, I will be bringing my wife to fish. And as far as a fish off, I suggest San Diego and a saltwater trip.

Ok, I concede to fishing at Pleasant if my boats running ;) (already got a good excuse, huh??) As long as its at night anyways.... It all evens out. I'll even put a Westsider in with me, so they can brag about all of my fish for me :D Just let me know when, and I'll be there somehow.. This is too fun to pass up. For all of you other Arizonians that missed out on this trip....Dont miss the next one.

LipRipper

Lipripper let me know in advance that way I can get a bette prop and longer tow rope... I dont want to over heat my motor to much pulling you around all night LMAO
Delw

HAHAHA.. hey your an eastsider I had t play also....

Did you ever get the propfixed?

Amberjack maybe I can talk april into going out as well

Delw

And when the next trip comes around, I'll remember to bring my own life vest and more flashlights, and a bigger ice chest.

I'll also have to have someones cell #, and be home when i say i'm going to be home. :D

Gotfish did you let your wife get to you?
you need to explain the way it goes... or have april do it...

The rules of time are:

there is a real time(but who has a watch)

there is a that is designed around catching a fish(usuallly very very late)

There is a time for not catc fish(usually late to)

Then there is Delw time(extreamly late)

Delw

Do you guy's fish at night because you look like such a mottly crew that you don't want the general public to see you in the actuall daylight...HAHAHAHA!!!!!
:D

Here are two of the other reason. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I'll take take delw and 2fastnaz on the water at night anytime <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

got fish,
You need to set that woman straight when it comes to fishing times!
My wife gave me a bunch of crap when I got home saying she was worried sick about me and been up since 2 am wondering where I was or if I was okay, etc.....
I told her that I said I would be late, enough said!
She hasn't said anything else about it since

I guess she still trusts me after all these years to take care of myself.
Elkhunter,
If we went out during the day, all the women om the lake would be congregated around our boats trying to hit on us and we would not get any fishing done. That my friend is why we choose to fish at night.
Enough said!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-20-2002 09:28: Message edited by: Mntman ]</font>

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back