PEAX Equipment

The Trembling Giant

billsansom

I attended the feature length movie premier of, "The Trembling Giant" shown in Missoula, Montana on August 3. This movie is making the rounds of the rocky mountain west. The film is set in the Quaking Aspen covered mountains of Colorado's Flat Tops Wilderness. It is nothing like the commercial laden videos you are used to viewing on the TV hunting channels.
Although the movie is sponsored by Danner Boots, RMEF, Leupold, Sitka Gear, and others. They leave no tracks of their products on this film. The Trembling Giant captures not only why we hunt but, more importantly, the movie captures a hunters devotion to the outdoors, and their dedication to its conservation. We all know that hunting is being assaulted from every direction. Anti hunters, gun reform, subdivisions, energy development, and the growing attitude that hunting is nothing more than red neck blood lust. The Trembling Giant personifies our need, as hunters, to defend our hunting heritage, and the dwindling wild places
that we need to conserve. The movie is about passing on those traditional values to young people that will never know hunting or the outdoors - as we see it - unless we show them thru our eyes and hearts. Go to: www.tremblinggiant.com to see when the movie will be playing in your neck of the woods. Take a non-hunter with you to the movie, it will change their mind.

Back in the day you could have dinner at Larry's camp and watch the pack trains come in and out the days before the opener. Was a pretty packed place before the unit went to draw. THey still kill a lot of elk up there.

Still amazing how all those Aspens have come up in the burn areas to the west of his main camp.

Last edited:
It's still pretty packed. It looks like a small town over there on that knob.

I was working for the forest service at the time, I was scared to get on my horse before 8am on opening morning and the horse was white!:D

I would love to see the movie, but I do have to ask, who in the world thought it was a good idea to screen it in Sandpoint, ID on opening day of archery elk season?:confused:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back