Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

The Teton Valley questions about birds and Beer?

Knight.54

On the shores of the Graveyard of the Atlantic
Flying to Idaho Falls today with my lovely wife. Curious of recommendations for good beer and food spots to hit this week, also thinking of trying to do a bird hunt here next fall. Wanted any advice from my fellow hunttalkers…
We’ll be staying in Driggs.
Thanks

For the most part SE Idaho is not known for regional cuisine and alcohol. That is not to say there are not good places, it is just the local populace may not hold the qualities of "Good Beer" particularly high in their values.

1650728398773.png

But I'm sure Yelp is pretty accurate. The Summer Yellowstone tourists and fly fishermen do create some demand for a cold bottle of suds. Look For Snake River Brewing cans as well as Wind River Brewing. Those are the only regional ones I've experienced..

Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:
You up for driving a bit? Melvin is my favorite area brewery. There’s a tap house in Alpine and one in Jackson.
Again if you’re up for driving over the hump, a good “locals” vibe for dinner is The Bird, best lunch is Sweet Cheeks Meats.
In Driggs Citizen 33 is supposed to be good, but haven’t been there yet. Badger Cr Cafe in Tetonia is top notch cafe style, but it looks like they’re closed for spring break til next Thursday.

You up for driving a bit? Melvin is my favorite area brewery. There’s a tap house in Alpine and one in Jackson.
Again if you’re up for driving over the hump, a good “locals” vibe for dinner is The Bird, best lunch is Sweet Cheeks Meats.
In Driggs Citizen 33 is supposed to be good, but haven’t been there yet. Badger Cr Cafe in Tetonia is top notch cafe style, but it looks like they’re closed for spring break til next Thursday.
Might avoid the hump depending on the weather… shoving off from Dallas as we speak, enroute to Idaho Falls.

Thanks guys

I think Big Hole BBQ burned down if I remember correctly? Teton Thai in Driggs is great. For some reason that area has great Thai food. Jackson too. Badger Creek Cafe is a great bfast spot in Tetonia. Grand Teton brewing in Victor has some really good beers. Try Lost Continent if they have it. It'll knock your socks off. The Stagecoach bar in Wilson, WY is potentially the greatest bar in the world. If you go on Sunday they have the Stagecoach band which is a bunch of old guys that play great tunes.

Drove through this area last summer. What a neat place! Grand Teton Brewing was our favorite and went home with a supply of our favorites! Stayed at The Spud drive-in theatre at their AirBNB cabins for a night! I’d make that trip again in a heartbeat!

Man, cool area, apparently feeling the development squeeze big time.
Had a big Saturday night in the Royal Wolf. Didn’t make it to the stagecoach but it’s on my list for next time. Had dinner at citizen 33 but only drank one beer.
Did some legwork and talked to a few folks about mountain grouse today… have learned a lot.
Trying to decide which organ to sell so I can put in for a moose tag. Had them in the yard when I woke up Sunday morning…..

Huh. Just saw this. I live in Idaho Falls. I don't get up to Driggs much but if you go to Swan Valley there is a pretty good place there. The Roadhouse.

If Pierre's playhouse is up and going in Victor that's a fun night. They do a pretty good show a a Dutch oven dinner. It's been a few years since I've been there but it was a fun time. Check if they are up and going.

If you want to hunt moose that's an ok place. But remember where they are now they might not be in September or October. There's some ok genetics for bulls though.

Shoulda seen it in the good old days before covid turned it into Jackson 2.0.
I wish I had the cash to buy a property or two over there in 2008-2009. One of my best friends owns a tiny condo in victor and it’s insane what it’s worth

Huh. Just saw this. I live in Idaho Falls. I don't get up to Driggs much but if you go to Swan Valley there is a pretty good place there. The Roadhouse.

If Pierre's playhouse is up and going in Victor that's a fun night. They do a pretty good show a a Dutch oven dinner. It's been a few years since I've been there but it was a fun time. Check if they are up and going.

If you want to hunt moose that's an ok place. But remember where they are now they might not be in September or October. There's some ok genetics for bulls though.
I wish I had the cash to buy a property or two over there in 2008-2009. One of my best friends owns a tiny condo in victor and it’s insane what it’s worth
Yeah. It’s crazy.

Trying to figure out what I can sell to try to buy an acre or two in Tetonia.

Same think happened here where I live but it seems like it’s moderating a bit, out there it seems to just be climbing up, up, up.

It’s hard on a community when the common folk get priced out.

I feel sure the ones I was seeing climb back into Wyoming pretty soon. Then they probably stay gone till after ski season. I can only imagine what it’s like when it’s busy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back