Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

The plot thickens....

SFC B

As you may have seen I just got a screaming deal on a Stoeger P3000. It was great as I kept hem-haughing about getting a shotgun for birds. I get up this morning and guess what Mrs Claus went out and did? Yep, she had already gotten me a Benelli....sooooo now I am flush with scatter guns and just looking for some feathers to blow out :)

Attachments

• 20181225_103738.jpg
    20181225_103738.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 583
  • 20181225_113536.jpg
    20181225_113536.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 584
Very nice! Looks like some pheasant are ready for a future dinner! Or some clay exploding in air...

My wife permitted my purchase of a Millermatic 211 w/ aluminum spool gun. Forgot to tell her I had to buy another tank for the pure argon gas... :D

Wish I had a shop to put one of those in :) Once the little one finishes HS I will be in the country with a pole barn.....have fun with it!!!
Very nice! Looks like some pheasant are ready for a future dinner! Or some clay exploding in air...

My wife permitted my purchase of a Millermatic 211 w/ aluminum spool gun. Forgot to tell her I had to buy another tank for the pure argon gas... :D

Did she get you a golden retriever or did you get HER one?

Either way, one is probably necessary :)

We have a senior golden but she (almost 10) was about 6-7 before I got introduced to birds really. Kind of a shame because she appears to be pretty driven.
But she is by far the sweetest, best dog on the planet. 70lbs of love. I would be thinking about another but mama brought home a Westie a couple of years ago and the house couldn't take a third dog.
Did she get you a golden retriever or did you get HER one?

Either way, one is probably necessary :)

I don't consider almost 10 to be senior. This guy is 9 yrs, 5 months and 21 days, and he excels at pheasants in the heaviest tallgrass prairie you can find.

Maybe you can work her into shape gently. Old and slow dogs will kill a lot of birds anyway. They aren't too far ahead of you, they don't overrun tight sticking birds, and they are smarter than your average youngster.

No matter what, it looks like fun.

2018 Jan 10 last day.jpg

Last edited:
Good news!! I will be taking a group of Vets waterfowling in NE over the MLK weekend and get to give Babs (the Benelli) and run through!! Will be in the Mitchell area and I am really excited. It will be my first time running a trip with my new volunteer gig!!

Used the last of a Cabela's gift card today and got a squishy Limbsaver recoil pad for Bambi (the Benelli). Given my shooting side is also my bad shoulder side I think it was good preventive medicine :)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back