The non-resident Wilderness law…serious question…

its a crappy law/pushed thru the wyom outfitters assoc and clearly unfair to non -residents on our federal {everybodys} land////i dont think buzz would invite me after our 90-10 debate thread.

its a crappy law/pushed thru the wyom outfitters assoc and clearly unfair to non -residents on our federal {everybodys} land////i dont think buzz would invite me after our 90-10 debate thread.
So I find it odd that non residents are so angry about this when they are not allowed to hunt in most of the MT moose sheep goat areas at all - wilderness or not.. they cannot even apply for a permit in most units.

Ok I lied it’s a booner preserve.
He was my guide but I don’t think the buck was even killed in the wilderness. Probably close to the boundary. He spotted it the night before and we hiked way into the wilderness. Next day after glassing a bit I asked him if he minded I went back and shot the one by the truck. He said go for it. It was a little bigger than we guessed.

I suggest one NR youth as the ideal defendant on this one. The younger, the better.

I suspect the GoFundMe account will be healthy enough to more than cover both dad and youth.

I recommend just one youth tagholder and one parent (no tag). Why dilute the GoFundMe account across four defendants like is occurring with the 4 Missourians in the corner crossing case.

Yes, I am suggesting that someone use a child to break a nonsensical law to hopefully affect change.

PM me if you are the NR father with an 11-12 yo NR child who is willing to make this happen in 2023. I think I can get your NR child in to a NR group app in 2023 for a guaranteed WY GEN elk tag.
If you’re equating this to the corner crossing case it’s apples and oranges, but you knew that. If you’re actually a 12 y.o. about to throw two adults under the bus to get a deer tag, well played…

As a non resident, I’d like to see the law changed for my own selfish reasons. But if I was a WY resident, I sure as hell wouldn’t want to change it.
Even as a resident, I feel it is a dumb law. However, if I was given all law making authority for day, I'm not sure I would change it.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. IMO the wilderness areas (at least in my area of the state) is no better hunting than areas outside the wilderness... except you will likely hike your arse off more. Just as crowded and no better hunting.
I wonder how many "complainers" can actually get back in there, kill and elk and haul it out anyway.
Seems like the "takeaway", like when you go to a nice restaurant and place your order and before your food comes the guy sitting at the table next to you gets his food... and you wish you would have ordered what he is having. People are fickle. Many want what they can't have not knowing if it is any better, they just want it.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. IMO the wilderness areas (at least in my area of the state) is no better hunting than areas outside the wilderness... except you will likely hike your arse off more. Just as crowded and no better hunting.
I wonder how many "complainers" can actually get back in there, kill and elk and haul it out anyway.
Seems like the "takeaway", like when you go to a nice restaurant and place your order and before your food comes the guy sitting at the table next to you gets his food... and you wish you would have ordered what he is having. People are fickle. Many want what they can't have not knowing if it is any better, they just want it.
1650950469166.gif

Applies to big and trophy game only...you can bird hunt, trap, predator hunt.

Its a crap law, it really is. But, so is AK with their laws that require guides for brown bear, sheep, and goat.
Add Canada to that list also for all big game and the crazy rule about how far a non-resident guided hunter has to be north of the prime whitetail zones. Headed towards the European model of rich folks who can pay someone to hold their hand and taking them hunting like a snowball headed for hell it seems lately!

Buzz will fill out the paper work and guide you to a 190” deer for a can of
As a non resident, I’d like to see the law changed for my own selfish reasons. But if I was a WY resident, I sure as hell wouldn’t want to change it.
Of course most Wyoming residents don’t hunt wilderness, with the high cost of living and low pay they can’t afford to keep stock 🤣, it’s strictly a playground for the wealthy guided suckers from back east, the outfitters will kick out residents from their core hunting areas where their camps are by utilizing good ol boy peer pressure and politics if they dare to encroach where they make their coins from the suckers.

Back