PEAX Equipment

The NFL’s demise may have been greatly exaggerated.

It's getting too woke for me
politics ruins everything it touches! I got out several years ago. Pro basketball and baseball followed suit. I greatly enjoy college sports. Pro sports are dead to me......banned....., cancelled as part of my culture. Like Nameless Range said above, I've filled up that time with much more meaningful activities. It's been a good thing.

Sorry to make it sound like a race thing because that isn't how I see it at all. I don't care what color you are. Be a man and act like one. And every man should be held accountable to that standard like the next, especially if you want a voice

Be a man and act like one. And every man should be held accountable to that standard like the next, especially if you want a voice
Hard to see how Kaepernick falls short of that standard. While I disagree with the forum he chose, he stood his ground and paid a price in the tens of millions and has face thousands of death threats. He refused several opportunities to apologize and collect the $$, but stuck to his principles. Who’s the man, Kaepernick or the coward who sends an anonymous death threat. He gave up his career for his convictions, and some other guy gave up Sunday afternoon football on TV. Who’s a the man here?

Hard to see how Kaepernick falls short of that standard. While I disagree with the forum he chose, he stood his ground and paid a price in the tens of millions and has face thousands of death threats. He refused several opportunities to apologize and collect the $$, but stuck to his principles. Who’s the man, Kaepernick or the coward who sends an anonymous death threat. He gave up his career for his convictions, and some other guy gave up Sunday afternoon football on TV. Who’s a the man here?
I don't think CK lost much money in his martyrdom. He got a millions from the NFL in a settlement and I believe his Nike deal was worth $126 million. I'm not sure what slightly below average QBs make in the NFL, but he came out way ahead in trading his career as a back-up QB for all that.

I'd say he's done pretty good for himself to leverage his situation into the wealth and influence he's attained.

Last edited:
I don't think CK lost much money in his martyrdom. He got a millions from the NFL in a settlement and I believe his Nike deal was worth $126 million. I'm not sure what slightly below average QBs make in the NFL, but he came out way ahead in trading his career as a back-up QB for all that.

I'd say he's done pretty good for himself to leverage his situation into the wealth and influence he's attained.

Yeah, he's collected far more as an activist than he would have as a QB I think. He would've had to play 10-15 years as a slightly above-average QB to make that kind of money, including endorsements.

Sorry here’s a couple better clues.

Chiefs fans need to lay off the fast food.
Lock your trunk because Raiders fans will steal your speakers.
I’ve never actually met a Chargers fan. Not sure they exist.
Next time I'm in MT I'll give you a shout, then you can scratch that one off your list.

Show me your Lightening Bolts~ Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton XTRA 690am, From Baja to the Canadian Rockies

If there are any old Jim Rome listeners, you'll get it.

He gave up his career for his convictions
Time will tell whether he's the hero people think he is I guess. The movement he started seemed more divisive than constructive to me. He's got a ways to go if he wants to be the next MLK JR. in my book

Time will tell whether he's the hero people think he is I guess. The movement he started seemed more divisive than constructive to me. He's got a ways to go if he wants to be the next MLK JR. in my book
Not even close to MLK and never will get there. But that was not the standard that was being discussed. It was a member that was talking about standing up like a "man". He meets that standard easily (and definitely more than the cowards that send death threats and those who make their position known by just skipping a televised game).

Not even close to MLK and never will get there. But that was not the standard that was being discussed. It was a member that was talking about standing up like a "man". He meets that standard easily (and definitely more than the cowards that send death threats and those who make their position known by just skipping a televised game).
I disagree. He has guts.. But that doesn't mean jack. More division is all I've seen from the guy.

I agree that whoever threatened him is a coward. I don't know anyone siding with them

The die pig die socks and BS lost me with this guy. Turned off a lot of hard working fans on the path to wokeness. Perfect excuse for a guy with declining skills and defenses had caught up to him. Kaep had deteriorated to a backup that thought he was Aaron F'n Rodgers. Could have had backup jobs but thought he was better than he was and wouldn't take a backup deal. Then there's the problem of him being a distraction. If you want to be a distraction in any for profit enterprise you'll be gone as soon as your production declines to the point the distraction isn't worth it. He blew right by that point. . .

Notice he's been silent now that he's been paid? If he was a legit he'd have been out burning and looting with the other idiots.

Ratings don't lie - sports leagues playing woke politics are losing eyeballs and interest from the silent majority. NBA doesn't even exist in my house. NFL and MLB have lost most interest and heading to zero. Zero for sure during hunting season.

I disagree. He has guts.. But that doesn't mean jack. More division is all I've seen from the guy.

I agree that whoever threatened him is a coward. I don't know anyone siding with them

And I know groups of people who claim to have never met a person who voted for Trump. That type of clannish isolation is the root of our current problems.

I would prefer that he not use the anthem as his pulpit, but there is no real doubt he is raising a real issue. Reasonable folks can disagree on how to draw attention to the issue and what approaches may provide progress, but the US no doubt has race-based issues that need to be addressed.

The die pig die socks and BS lost me with this guy. Turned off a lot of hard working fans on the path to wokeness. Perfect excuse for a guy with declining skills and defenses had caught up to him. Kaep had deteriorated to a backup that thought he was Aaron F'n Rodgers. Could have had backup jobs but thought he was better than he was and wouldn't take a backup deal. Then there's the problem of him being a distraction. If you want to be a distraction in any for profit enterprise you'll be gone as soon as your production declines to the point the distraction isn't worth it. He blew right by that point. . .

Notice he's been silent now that he's been paid? If he was a legit he'd have been out burning and looting with the other idiots.

Ratings don't lie - sports leagues playing woke politics are losing eyeballs and interest from the silent majority. NBA doesn't even exist in my house. NFL and MLB have lost most interest and heading to zero. Zero for sure during hunting season.

Ratings are complex given generational changes, demographic changes, video games, saturation, universally panned Thursday night games, digital realm, etc. That 10% drop is a mix of those issues and “political concerns”. So maybe 2-3% - they will survive.

Also, the 2020 version of the Dixiecrats are hardly a majority (silent or otherwise) - a disappointingly large minority, yes, a majority, nope. The best data I have seen has them at about 20 percent - about the same size as the AOC woke. I wish the middle 60% would tell them both to go to h-ll, but apparently we continue to be duped into picking sides.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back