The Montana Deer/Elk Draw Week

Hey guys, I just drew my MONTANA BIG GAME TAG, but have NO CLUE on what I drew, or what it comes with. I’ve hunted for 30+ years here in SOUTH TEXAS, and a buddy convinced me to go to MT to get my ELK & MULE DEER this year. Luck would have it, I drew and he didn’t. Can anyone give me some insight on what my tag means and what I have in store for this adventure come this fall? Thanks guys !

Attachments

• 375D91A7-B0A9-4E48-81BF-F67FC993AC32.png
    375D91A7-B0A9-4E48-81BF-F67FC993AC32.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: LCH
Hey guys, I just drew my MONTANA BIG GAME TAG, but have NO CLUE on what I drew, or what it comes with. I’ve hunted for 30+ years here in SOUTH TEXAS, and a buddy convinced me to go to MT to get my ELK & MULE DEER this year. Luck would have it, I drew and he didn’t. Can anyone give me some insight on what my tag means and what I have in store for this adventure come this fall? Thanks guys !
Congrats on the draw! Curious why you didn't do a party app?

Congrats on the draw! Curious why you didn't do a party app?
My buddy put in, and he did a party park with his other military buddies, they drew for the MULE DEER RIFLE, so he said I can go w them for the rifle , but at this moment , the ELK would be all alone

My buddy put in, and he did a party park with his other military buddies, they drew for the MULE DEER RIFLE, so he said I can go w them for the rifle , but at this moment , the ELK would be all alone
LCH, what does my tag mean tho? I have no clue what I can hunt, the section I drew, nothing. Any insight on what my tag means?

LCH, what does my tag mean tho? I have no clue what I can hunt, the section I drew, nothing. Any insight on what my tag means?

License/Permit Type: 900-203700 Permits. First and second choice only. ArchEquip Only. Only valid in HDs 401, 403, 411, 412, 426, 447, 450, 500, 502, portion of 510 west of HWY 310, 511, portion of 520 south and east of West Fork of Rock Cr, 530, 570, 575, portion of 580 south of Sweetgrass Cr, 590, portion of 701 north of Yellowstone River, south of Hwy 12 and west of Sumatra-Hysham Road, 702, 704 and 705.
Sep 07 – Oct 20Either-sex Elk. Archery Only Season.

Hopefully you bow hunt.

900-20 Elk Permit Apply by March 15
Valid in HDs 401, 403, 411, 412, 426, 447, 450, 500, 502, 510, 511, 520,
530, 570, 575, 580, 590, 701, 702, 704, & 705.

It's archery only.

That was “somewhat helpful”. Have u hunted MONTANA with the 900-20 tags I have? What EXACTLY does it allow me to harvest? sorry for all the questions, but again, I’ve never hunted MT before, and never have I put in for an out of state tag. This was a BUCKET LIST tag for me, so I’m excited!

That was “somewhat helpful”. Have u hunted MONTANA with the 900-20 tags I have? What EXACTLY does it allow me to harvest? sorry for all the questions, but again, I’ve never hunted MT before, and never have I put in for an out of state tag. This was a BUCKET LIST tag for me, so I’m excited!

Either sex elk (not moose or mule deer). This means you can shoot a male or a female. One with those things coming out of their head, or one without.

I have not hunted elk in MT. You'll just need to spend a lot of time in the regs between now and then. That permit is good for a huge swath of ground, good luck figuring it out! That's half the fun (or more).

I do, I hunt w my RAVEN R20, so it helps me get to em with more distance.
Cross bows are not legal in Montana during general archery season . Time to dust off the compound and start practicing. You have a good licence. Search this forum for places in the 900-20 hunting districts and you will get a wealth of information.

Cross bows are not legal in Montana during general archery season . Time to dust off the compound and start practicing. You have a good licence. Search this forum for places in the 900-20 hunting districts and you will get a wealth of information.
Thanks bud. Thanks for the info , ALL of you. I’m new to this drawing tags shit, I’ve hunted SOUTH TEXAS ALL my life, ARMY VET, and have my own ranch down here. I’d be more than glad to host any of y’all. Y’all been so helpful!!!!

I am a disabled Vet, so all I need to do is fill out that disabled form and I’m good. Atleast that is what my buddy told me.

In Montana your not allowed to hunt with a crossbow during archery season....may need to change the arsenal up
Time to dust off the MATTHEWS then. I’m good either way, can shoot em during rifle season if I don’t get em w my bow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back