Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

The January Topic: KUIU vs Sitka!

KUIU or Sitka

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's interesting. I've not spent a ton of time in Wisconsin bars, but when I have, it seemed like KUIU had become popular with Affliction and American Fighter demographic.

Any fights break out between KUIU and Sitka wearers? Like a late night bar fight between loggers and commercial fishermen arguing over who's tougher?

I prefer my browning hells canyon speed clothing. It's performed very well for me from elk hunting to deer hunting. Plus I got it super cheap on clearance. I don't worry about the camo pattern on my hunting clothes as long as the clothing keeps me comfortable

Surprised no pics of red t-shirt, jack suspenders, blue jeans, and construction boots have emerged...

Any fights break out between KUIU and Sitka wearers? Like a late night bar fight between loggers and commercial fishermen arguing over who's tougher?

I’ve been to the bars on Mondovi during the Buffalo County Fair since I have in-laws that live there and I think a fight over KUIU vs Sitka would probably be one of the better reasons a fight might break out.

I’ve also been to a gun raffle for the Mondovi High football team, which was kind of incredible.

I want to know what camo helps you draw UT Expo elk tags. Or maybe what camo is easier to clean the shame of a hunt with Aram Von Benedickt off of... :rolleyes:

If I have to answer the question I'll pick Sitka since they are 2% certified.

Prefer First Lite wool
Kuiu prices
Sitka durability

Love all of it for the warmth and lightness. Doesn't matter which what or why long as I can get a good price on it.

I'd recommend not putting much weight into one of the brand's being better than the other but look into the attributes and technical details of the material used for a given garment to pick a choice.. That and whatever is most steeply discounted because paying full price is dumb when the stuff is always on sale.

That said they come out with so much new/different shit every year it's hard to keep track. Since i've been content with the gear i have for a number of years i haven't kept up with what's out there..

I have been using Sitka for years, after every other brand and pattern for years before that. It can be argued about what pattern is best, I really don’t care. Being still and not smelling is what will keep you unseen more than anything else.

The reason I went with Sitka was the quality of the garments. The way they perform is more important to me than a pattern. Sitka is based here in Bozeman and they have been fantastic to deal with whenever I had a repair or problem with the clothing.

Colleen has fixed every tear or zipper problem I have had and the turn around time is quick. No questions asked and whatever the problem, it has been handled quickly and professionally.

I don’t like the camo pattern from any company for every day use, so I prefer to have any other gear in plain colors and Sitka has a great line of non-camo clothing.

The picture I posted is in eastern Montana and both my boys like Kuiu. In that picture I think the Kuiu pattern and color matches the surrounding trees quite well. If colors and pattern helps you hide in the woods, it makes sense, but as I said earlier, I like the all around quality and fit of Sitka and will continue to use their products. I doubt any company can back their products any better than Sitka…

thumbnail_IMG_3024 (1).jpeg

I don't bow hunt, so have no need for camouflage. The only camo garment I own is Kuiu, and has our local lumber yards name embroidered on it. It was a gift for spending too much money with them. Ditto a Stone Glacier jacket, and a couple other grey colored Kuiu jackets from other suppliers. All are of below average quality, and really don't compare to my normal climbing/backpacking outwear that I use from a myriad of makers. Not saying Kuiu, Stone Glacier, Sitka, et al don't make good quality gear. I'm sure some of their stuff is the equal of Mountain Hardware, Montbell, Patagonia, or whatever. I have no doubt some is of very good quality. There's just so much "hive mind" when it comes to hunting gear, and I really don't care to participate in it as a walking camo billboard. But again, I don't bowhunt. When I did, I was head to toe in camo.

I don't bow hunt, so have no need for camouflage. The only camo garment I own is Kuiu, and has our local lumber yards name embroidered on it. It was a gift for spending too much money with them. Ditto a Stone Glacier jacket, and a couple other grey colored Kuiu jackets from other suppliers. All are of below average quality, and really don't compare to my normal climbing/backpacking outwear that I use from a myriad of makers. Not saying Kuiu, Stone Glacier, Sitka, et al don't make good quality gear. I'm sure some of their stuff is the equal of Mountain Hardware, Montbell, Patagonia, or whatever. I have no doubt some is of very good quality. There's just so much "hive mind" when it comes to hunting gear, and I really don't care to participate in it as a walking camo billboard. But again, I don't bowhunt. When I did, I was head to toe in camo.
It’s kinda been discussed ad nauseam on this site that you don’t need to have camo to bow hunt, play the wind right and less movements is the focus.

Not gonna lie, some of the camo patterns look super awesome tho!

I could be a Kuiu slut I guess. The thing is I have the sizing figured out, as well as how they are meant to work together. Customer support has been very helpful. More than once I’ve been reimbursed for items that have gone on sale shortly after buying at full price.

Have a sitka 90% pants and jacket that have several years, 8+ hunting days per year, and still holding up well. Sweater has held up and so have my cloudburst pants after a few years.

A goretex rain jacket zipper failed on me - and i need to warranty it. Hope it goes well. Other than that all sitka products ive had have been great. Goretex is dry and dry is warm if its wet outside.

Kuiu stuff didnt really seem to fit me well - im 6'1" 195 lbs with a long torso. However the gloves are way bettwr.

Well i stopped by the KUIU store in Dixon on our way home from SEAK-RA-MIENTO (best midwestern twang). on Saturday. Was looking for a Down Puffy on the 30%off rack, but ended up buying one full price, and got a snazzy sweater for 30% off. Couldn't pull the trigger on a pack though.

Gotta admit I feel kinda dirty/screwed since I walked into a 30% off sale and paid full price for something.... TBH I didn't know it was the Winter sale till i got there, and I wanted a puffy since before I went to Wyoming last month....

FWIW i got everything in SOLID

Oh brother... wear whatever fits and meets your actual clothing requirements. I personally go forth on a regular basis wearing a hodgepodge of first lite, kuiu, asat, eddie bauer, columbia, etc...
Same here. Depends on what I'm doing but my shirt is normally a Fanatic hoodie. Waterfowl I have a Sitka jacket and wader pants, deer hunting a Walmart beanie, FL brimmed beanie, FL gloves, Wrangler pants, base layers mostly from Bass Pro. My bino harness is Kuiu though.

Back