The January Topic: KUIU vs Sitka!

KUIU or Sitka

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a hodgepodge of gear, but if I had to pick between the two, Kuiu.

But SG would be my first choice. It’s definitely not cut for my presently husky build lol, but it’s durable and moves well.

Kuiu for me. Seems their fit is better for me. Sitka seems to be like the clearance rack fit and is a bit baggier of a fit.

Had a bugling match across an open park with timber on both sides one year.. I know now if it were a bull I should have been on their side of the park, but that’s not the point. Point is, all they had to do was raise a bugle tube to their lips for us to see it was a man and woman in Kuiu. The bluish hue in that camo shone brightly in the faint dimness of the edge of that tree cover… the bugle-off that took place is another story for another time…

Conversely, when my brother in law and I get 40-50 yards apart to do a calling session in our Sitka, I have to try hard to keep an eye on his movements or i very easily lose sight of him behind limbs or in tall grass. I don’t particularly like the quality of material of Sitka and cannot speak on the durability of Kuiu, but as far as the effectiveness of them both, Sitka wins, bar none, in my opinion.

Bit of humor intended though interest is the camo market and what floats your boat. 😅

Stunned #8 for an Off Season, January thread. Didn't believe such was possible for a hunt public forum.

Noted: "Psychology Today" study in place. Results to be published.

Chit! I'd be remiss if I do not share my camo choice!

Other:
*Camo Fire sale many moons ago - decked out C4E. I look like a standing tree!

Kuiu rain suit and bino harness. Sitka lightweight tees/hoodies, puffy, late season tree stand suit (Fanatic).

I am not very brand loyal with most things, I just like certain things from certain companies.

I have a lot of sitka simply because I live in MT and it's everywhere and easy to get. SG and Kuiu don't fit me very well.

Kuiu pants, better design (leg vents etc.) and fit for my body build. Sitka jackets mainly due to shoulder size (3xl) is roomier in many sitka jackets than kuiu's layer fit. I wish all kuiu jackets were there outer layer fit size that they didnt have 2 different cut sizes. Will add kuiu pro down both pants and jacket way above any other hunting brand down i have experiance with.

Kuiu warranty is amazing, they replaced a 5 year old set of worn to hell yukons for me last year cause they couldnt repel water anymore. New set showed up a week after they recieved old set, have had simular coverage with pack issues on my 2 packs. Great company!

My only sitka warranty was good but very slow and could of been avoided by using higher quality components to start with. Good but not kuiu customer service!

Most of my kit is First Lite because I preferred their Fusion pattern for deer hunting on pine plantations in the South. Have a couple of pieces of solid colored KUIU that I like— seems to hold up better to hard use than FL— but they tend toward a more athletic, form fitting cut. My brand loyalty to FL is more due to their conservation work than anything.

Honestly, I tend to wear non-hunting brand solids for baselayers and pants more than anything. Smartwool, Darn Tough or REI-brand socks and Prana Zion pants have become my go-tos since moving west.

Reactions: JDH
Kuiu for big game, light weight stuff is awesome.

Sitka for waterfowl -not sold on kuiu’s new waterfowl line.

Going with Sitka. They sell Sitka at Scheels and I’m about to win me a scheels gift card this afternoon From @Sytes.
I donno... a 1% down payment may require Sitka "Mortgage" insurance in compliance with the Sitka Affordability Act. Have no fear though. Cowboys will buy me some muzzleloader love patches for my beyond excess savage the elk / deer extended season 2024. ;)

Depends on the piece for me. I’m not an athletic build and Kuiu runs a little tighter than I’d prefer. My favorite base layers are all first lite, also love the corrugate foundry pants. Sitka definitely has an upper hand in some of their outer layers (jet stream/stratus) and my Celsius jacket may be my favorite, once it wears out I’ll definitely try an ambient. I bought a new puffy this year from Kings and I love it, makes me want to check out some of their other stuff.

I donno... a 1% down payment may require Sitka "Mortgage" insurance in compliance with the Sitka Affordability Act. Have no fear though. Cowboys will buy me some muzzleloader love patches for my beyond excess savage the elk / deer extended season 2024. ;)
I was thinking I’d get a window decal. I’ll still pay a little out of pocket, but everyone will know I’m hardcore AF!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back