MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

The January Topic: KUIU vs Sitka!

KUIU or Sitka

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same at my archery league, 10 matthews, 2 hoyts, 1 bowtech and me with my Elite.
How do you like it. I used to shoot an elite when they first came out. Loved that bow. Pure was the model I believe. Local shop quit carrying them so I went back to hoyt. Edit trying to remember why I sold it and bought something else...when I think about it why did I upgrade any of them?

How do you like it. I used to shoot an elite when they first came out. Loved that bow. Pure was the model I believe. Local shop quit carrying them so I went back to hoyt. Edit trying to remember why I sold it and bought something else...when I think about it why did I upgrade any of them?
I don't have any complaints about it.

Regardless of brand, I don’t believe I’ve paid full price for more than a few pieces, bought most from Camofire or direct sales. My go to is First Lite, but I also have some mid and outer layers from Pnuma, Sitka, and Kuiu. Of Sitka and Kuiu, I’ll say Sitka (Stratus jacket, Ambient hoodie), because they seem to have kit for us eastern deer hunters that sit in stand for hours in the cold, where Kuiu (Strongfleece) is more western active hunting, although the pieces I have from Kuiu have been great in mild weather or when I’m moving. Really impressed with the Pnuma pieces for durability and CS, along with being very well thought out.

Haven’t tried Sitka, but I have tried others. Kuiu has been great for me. Their warranty is fantastic. Had a zipper break on a 6 year old pack and they sent me a new pack right away. They’ve earned my business with their customer service over the years.

Kuiu for me, primarily because my brother and everyone else in Wisconsin wears sitka. Same reason i don't shoot a matthews bow.

That's interesting. I've not spent a ton of time in Wisconsin bars, but when I have, it seemed like KUIU had become popular with Affliction and American Fighter demographic.

You probably upgraded to gain a few fps. That seems to be the only real reason to upgrade right now... But I will say, a new bow sure feels good!

Last edited:
I like kuiu pack systems. But overall for clothing, I'm all in with First Lite. It layers really well, and is high quality. I love the corrugate foundry pants as previously mentioned by others. They really hit the nail on the head there!

Sitka feels like I’m wearing comfy pajamas. I do have my eyes on Kuiu super down pro pants as a near-future upgrade to my off-brand primaloft though…

I’m sitting at Sitka:1, Kuiu:0, Mountaineering brands:maybe 50?

A lot of my clothing was bought years ago when I got many brands at a discount, and the hunting oriented companies were still finding their feet. If I was gearing up today I’m sure there’d be more SG/Kuiu/Sitka in the mix. They all offer solid colors now, which helps for guys who don’t wear camo.

My hunting outfits look like that Johnny Cash song, "One piece at a time". I still wear some Cabelas pants and shirts bought last century.😁

I have a Sitka Jet Stream and the old discontinued Jet Stream Light. They are amazing and I wear one of those 90%+ of the time. For pants I wear the XKG Ridge pant by Kings. They fit so well I found a good sale and bought two more pair and keep them in the packaging for when my original pair wear out. Everything else is a hodge-podge of off brand stuff.

One of my good friends resembles this comment, flat brim ears tucked, bedazzled jeans, he's all decked out in Kuiu now.
I tell you what, Western Wisconsin is like a 10-15 year time warp into the past every time I go there.

I haven't owned any Sitka gear. I have bought some kuiu in thge past and its been pretty good. My closet seems to be filled primarily with Kryptek and Kings stuff right now. I've worn Kryptek for several years and outside of a pair of gloves, it's held up well. I've also been pretty impressed with some of the Kings gear that both my son and I have gotten.

Point is, all they had to do was raise a bugle tube to their lips for us to see it was a man and woman in Kuiu. The bluish hue in that camo shone brightly in the faint dimness of the edge of that tree cover…
Whilst rabbit hunting this fall I had a late rut forkie cruise in to 20 yards, stop when he saw me, and stared for a minute. I didn’t move and he didn’t scent me. A minute later he continued on his merry way, passing broadside at 15 yards. I was wearing a blue hoodie. I’ll believe cervids can see blue, but I’m not convinced they care.

Whilst rabbit hunting this fall I had a late rut forkie cruise in to 20 yards, stop when he saw me, and stared for a minute. I didn’t move and he didn’t scent me. A minute later he continued on his merry way, passing broadside at 15 yards. I was wearing a blue hoodie. I’ll believe cervids can see blue, but I’m not convinced they care.
My buck I arrowed in 2021 I shot wearing a white tshirt with my light camo jacket hanging next to me in the tree. It was dead quiet, and there was 5 mins left of shooting light. I felt like I was glowing. But he worked his way in to 10 yards and stood broadside eating leaves off a downed tree. Easiest shot I've had on a deer, and it was a big mature buck..

I've since become a lot less reliant on camo, just holding still and only moving at the right time is far more important in my eyes. Also playing the wind correctly.

I have some older Kuiu stuff for sale if anyone is interested. 7 or 8 years old in very good condition. All the zippers work good.

Chinook pants- verde 34 waist. 1 small tear at the bottom. I'd call them light to midweight.

Guide jacket- verde. Size large.

Teton jacket- vias size medium. Lightweight

I'm about 6', 180 pounds. The Teton jacket fits fine but you wouldn't be able to layer much underneath. A good lightweight jacket.

Would like to sell the verde jacket and pants together. $150 shipped for both.

$50 shipped for the teton jacket.

I feel like that's fair to underpriced but if you disagree, shoot me a price. Will post a few pics.

Back