The Hobbit

schmalts

Just saw it. VERY slow start, not like the LOR movies. Got good in the end but then it ended (2 part movie) It was worht a see, but not as good as any of the LOR flicks IMO.

If you read the book its really good. Follows it to a T. I didnt read it so I thought it was slow, but my buddy who read it thought it was the greatest movie because it followed the book so well. It probably didnt help going to see the premier at 1230 and not getting out till 330, I was pretty tired. Still a good flick. Should be a good part 2 and 3.

Short book for three movies so I guess it could be a little slow.

I'm a big Tolkien fan though.

Look forward to seeing this.
The Hobbit was a favorite book. The rest were good, though The Hobbit... was the best.

I waited two and a half hours for Smaug-All I got was an eyball!
It's like dating a girl for months and never even getting to the batter's circle!

I haven't seen the movie, but would like to. I do like the productions of the LOR, I do wish this one, as either a trilogy or just one movie, would have came first to follow the chronology of events as the books did.

If you read the book its really good. Follows it to a T. I didnt read it

The story line follows the book, but they put in a LOT of extra that wasn't in the book at all.

The extra wizard (forget his name)
The Mountain scene was very different, liked the book version a whole lot better
The Giant Org or Ogre (whatever he was) wasn't in the book

The characters wanted to go to the Elves

Overall I enjoyed the movie, but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. I wish it had more similarities with the L.O.R movies

Back