Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

The Harvest Film

I think some people just don't like traditional.
I typically don't like NON Traditional.
Personally including Christian values with this hunting film will make it a home run with many. I think its a great Idea when ever hunting and Christianity partner in film.
Who doesn't pray to god when they harvest an elk or sheep or other when you first put your hands on the creature. I don't need that self centered human endorsing hunting regardless of gender or color of course.
In my house being a Christian wasn’t about having deer antler crosses on your blind, it was about how you treated other people.

Drop the hallmark crap, show Waddell helping out his neighbors, donating meat, working with disabled hunters, going to bat for the lowly and meek in his community and teaching his kids to do the same.

In my house being a Christian wasn’t about having deer antler crosses on your blind, it was about how you treated other people.

Drop the hallmark crap, show Waddell helping out his neighbors, donating meat, working with disabled hunters, going to bat for the lowly and meek in his community and teaching his kids to do the same.
???? I am guessing you are not a christian? Being a christian is about accepting Jesus into your heart. We are all sinners. I don't know what you mean about the cross on the blind. Heck I have a daughter who says a prayer as she steps up to the plate before every at bat. I guess you would look down on it as some oddity.
Should Christ be included in hunting in your utopia? What if he offends someone?

Hunting means a lot of different things to different people.

This hunting forum and most of the well known members including a few posting on this thread now typically support a life style of western mountain hunting. This is not the same as life style of mid west hunting or alaska hunting or southern hunting or north east coast hunting.

I believe that this film will have a benefit to our cause as hunters. Will it be the best way of doing it? Will it appeal to all? Hell no. We all just need to unite on the basis of conservation for wildlife and sustainable harvest of wildlife and in order to do that it takes a multi style approach.

Hunting means a lot of different things to different people.

This hunting forum and most of the well known members including a few posting on this thread now typically support a life style of western mountain hunting. This is not the same as life style of mid west hunting or alaska hunting or southern hunting or north east coast hunting.
Keeping Public Lands Public should be our goal regardless of where in the USA, east of the Mississippi or west of it> Mountain or desert or in Alaska! Doesn't need to be mountains just needs to stay public

Keeping Public Lands Public should be our goal regardless of where in the USA, east of the Mississippi or west of it> Mountain or desert or in Alaska! Doesn't need to be mountains just needs to stay public
This exactly proves my point. So focused on a western mountain hunting issue that it smoke screens the main item for the entire north American hunting community. Wildlife is the common denominator. Conservation and sustainable harvest is universal for everyone and it's where it all starts. Yes, the topic you bring up matters. Yes I strongly support it as every hunter should. If you create a film and focus on the importance of public lands as your basis for your story revolving around the view and perspective of the hunter, typical guys in the east won't really care or rally behind you. You tell a story about the importance of conservation and how your one kill is sustainable to the population and your story will appeal to all parts of north America.

By the way, this isn't related to this harvest film. Just making a point.

Who doesn't pray to god when they harvest an elk or sheep or other when you first put your hands on the creature.

giphy.gif

We all just need to unite on the basis of conservation for wildlife and sustainable harvest of wildlife

So leave it at that. Those are ideals you can recruit people to.

This exactly proves my point. So focused on a western mountain hunting issue that it smoke screens the main item for the entire north American hunting community. Wildlife is the common denominator. Conservation and sustainable harvest is universal for everyone and it's where it all starts. Yes, the topic you bring up matters. Yes I strongly support it as every hunter should. If you create a film and focus on the importance of public lands as your basis for your story revolving around the view and perspective of the hunter, typical guys in the east won't really care or rally behind you. You tell a story about the importance of conservation and how your one kill is sustainable to the population and your story will appeal to all parts of north America.

Precisely the point I’m making as well. The narrative of midwestern white rural Christian hunters has failed thus far to reverse the decline in hunters or sportsmen’s dollars in North America for a couple decades now. More of the same isn’t going to change that. It’s time to change the narrative.

Enough for me. I’m going to take my non-traditional self for a hike.

Conservation and sustainable harvest is universal for everyone and it's where it all starts.
I couldn't agree more. This takes me back to my previous question as to what is the objective of this movie? I thank God for the harvest of an animal, and I thank Him when I don't. However, I don't want anyone to ever think there is a requirement for hunting and Christianity to be intrinsically intertwined and for a non-believer to feel excluded from hunting because of their beliefs.

However, I don't want anyone to ever think there is a requirement for hunting and Christianity to be intrinsically intertwined and for a non-believer to feel excluded from hunting because of their beliefs.
Yes I agree. I didn't get the vibe reading that article or watching the trailer myself. However I have spent a little more time researching and reviewing their website and I do fear it may go down that path.

Public lands is not a western hunting issue, clearly you have never been above highway 64 in Wisconsin

Yea, the trailer was especially cringe worthy. I went to Catholic schools for years, I don't need anymore people trying to push Jesus on me. This will only appeal to a select base that already hunts, it does nothing to create a bigger tent. It just keeps up with the same old "god, country, family" stereotype of hunting

Public lands is not a western hunting issue, clearly you have never been above highway 64 in Wisconsin
No I have, in fact just over the 4th I was up there in the Chequamegon.

No doubt it's an issue for those above highway 64. Below, not so much. The majority of deer hunting in this state occurs on private land along with the majority of the deer population (I've hunted the Chequamegon and holy smokes talk about low deer densities). If Wisconsin DNR said "Deer populations are so low on public lands, this year there is no deer hunting allowed on public land" you would sure have a few upset individuals but you won't see riots. If Montana did that, I'm guessing there would be a civil war.

In my personal opinion, the hunting TV networks are out of touch with the emerging trends in hunting. I think the only reason this will be seen by "millions" is that they will air it on Sportsmans/Outdoor channel with a bunch of marketing around it, not because it is actually going to be a useful tool for people to show non-hunters what hunting is about.

I don't see anything that would have been out of place had it been made 10 or 20 years ago. Things have changed and continue to change.

I don't think it is actively going to hurt hunting, but I seriously doubt it is going to help either.

Back