Yeti GOBOX Collection

The Harvest Film

seeth07

Caught this article and since I haven't heard about this project nor do I see a thread on it here, thought I'd share. When it comes out, hopefully it does a good job and gets popular communicating the message us hunters need in this world right now.

Yikes... that’s gonna be a pass for me.

From that trailer looks like a divisive project that is going to appeal to a subset of hunters. There is no way you’re changing hearts and minds.

Contrast this with Stars in the Sky or Randy’s projects like Rain Deer.

From that trailer looks like a divisive project that is going to appeal to a subset of hunters. There is no way you’re changing hearts and minds.

Hard pass from me as well. Waddell and company are really going to appeal to non hunters? They certainly don’t appeal to me.

Wow....what part did you find divisive?

Hard pass from me as well. Waddell and company are really going to appeal to non hunters? They certainly don’t appeal to me.
They're not really my cup of tea either, but I don't think their passion for the outdoors is in question. From the trailer, it looked to me like a bunch of industry heavy-hitters trying to leverage their capital & introduce the sport (fwiw I hate that term) to some new folks.

Nah, this pup tent of dwindling sportsman's dollars should be able to sustain the North American conservation model until I'm too old to care. (Sarcasm intended)

Imagery at the onset will be interpreted by some as political.

The intro from Waddell of “American needs you” denotes to me that the film will be mostly playing to its core audience.

Further the allusions to the director and his Christian films speak to this film definitely having a very specific message.

Nothing about this says to me, crossing the aisle. I’m not trying to rag on the hunters/ hunting in general/Christian values I’m simply pointing out this is just playing to the target audience of those specific hunters.

While I'm not a big fan of any of the shows associated with the names of this production, I'm a big fan of them taking a step back and producing something more based on the lifestyle of hunting. The drurys, lakoskys, waddells of the world are just very intelligent people to know how to capitalise on the market and make a huge profit as a result. It doesn't make them bad people for their grassroots of sustaining their lives still through wild game meat and fish.

My hope for this film will help show the lifestyle of these humans as hunter gatherers rather than trophy hunters as they are currently dipicted.

Imagery at the onset will be interpreted by some as political.

The intro from Waddell of “American needs you” denotes to me that the film will be mostly playing to its core audience.

Further the allusions to the director and his Christian films speak to this film definitely having a very specific message.

Nothing about this says to me, crossing the aisle. I’m not trying to rag on the hunters/ hunting in general/Christian values I’m simply pointing out this is just playing to the target audience of those specific hunters.
All imagery could be interpreted as political, folks looking for a reason to be offended will find it.

I think the "America needs you" intro is for anyone that lays eyes on it, I don't think they're gonna screen donations. It's just a cheesy attention-getter.

The mention of the director's previous work could have been to allay parents fears that it wasn't just another Hollywood weinstein/stone/tarentino obscenity & it'll be safe for their kids to watch.

Those specific hunters have a significant audience, like I mentioned earlier I'm not necessarily a part of it, but I'm not so jaded to recognize that they have a voice in the conservation community & if they can use it to strengthen the community by serving as a gateway to folks they may have no other, no harm no foul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back