Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

The Gun Hit List

badkarma6

What's on your gun hit list? What do you really want to get? I want a Springfield Waypoint 2020 in .308 and I have one on order but I'm really talking about stuff you've always wanted and can't just go order. I really want an old Colt Python. Not one of the new ones, an old one made in the 60s or 70s. Wood grips and blue steel. Not really all that hard to find on auction website, just hard to find for under $2k. I found and bought an old Browning Hi Power, made in 1968 with the "T" prefix on the serial number. Also just got a S&W Model 39. Both the 39 and Hi Power are pistols I've wanted for years. So what do you want? What's that unicorn you've been searching for? If you've found it, post a pic. Model 39 below.

Model 39.jpg

It is a fine firearm for sure. I always wanted a S and W model 39 myself but will let that one go. I have all I need, my botton line firearm dream list has been competed. I ownothers but here is the core of dream list which began as 16 year old and was completed in my 70's I just got the model 15 two years ago.

A model 15 Smith and Wesson Combat Masterpiece. Bought two years ago

A Marlin model 39 lever action 22. Bought 36 years ago

A Ithaca SKB side x side 20 3" 20 guage. Bought 25 years agp

A pre-64 Standard weght model 70 Winchester in .270 Bought about 15 years ago

A Sako Finnlight carbine in .308 Bought just 8 years ago.

own 43, dont have a list. latest was a franchi .20 gauge which drops ducks, quail and 30 dove the last 2 days.

I'm very lucky w/ what I have from Pre-64's to Pythons, to fine shotguns...
But a really great 1911 has avoided me. I've had a few, but none have ever Sparked Joy, and I've let every one of them go.

I'm thinking about a Kimber Custom Royal from the '90s when they made a beautiful Series 70.

These threads are fun because you hear about guns you've never heard of before. Problem is, my gun hit list might grow in length as I look up some of this stuff y'all post. That Sako Finnlight Carbine is really pretty.

I'd like to have a Steyr-Mannlicher in 6.5x52 from about the early 1950. Full stock of course!

I've got a jones, probably like most on here, for a pre-64 M70 in, of course, .270. I will name it Jack. Also, I need a 1895 in .405 Win to go in the lever gun safe. Shockingly enough, I will name that one Teddy. Other than those two, I'll just keep on sweeping up any and all interesting lever guns that I come across and have money for. It's a bad habit, but, could be worse.

Also... Wifey, out of the blue, mentioned the other day that she'd like to hunt once the kids are bigger, so another .308, on the lighter side, but not super slimmed down, with a shorter LOP has been bouncing around in the back of my mind. Something she could use, and for the boys to learn on when they're ready.

I'm very lucky w/ what I have from Pre-64's to Pythons, to fine shotguns...
But a really great 1911 has avoided me. I've had a few, but none have ever Sparked Joy, and I've let every one of them go.

I'm thinking about a Kimber Custom Royal from the '90s when they made a beautiful Series 70.
I can't believe I let this slip... I need to have in my life, a Browning Broadway, Diana Grade, 32" Bbl, Choked IM & F. Preferably engraved by Baerten. Obviously, it'd need to be made prior to salt.
No, I don't shoot trap, but I like pigeons...

I rarely buy guns because I have what I need. To me they are tools.
However, I just recently bought a Henry Arms AR-7. Back in the 70's I had a Charter Arms AR-7 and then sold it to my brother, regretted selling it and bought another one only to have it stolen. So now that I'm into kayaking in Alaska I felt the need to replace it. The reviews on the Henry version is much improved over the Charter Arms. I aim to take it to Kodiak in October.

Borchardt C93 is one of the tops: https://www.alloutdoor.com/2015/12/12/1893-gave-us-the-first-successful-semi-auto-pistol-video/

There's a cased Luger that I'd possibly sell one of the British Doubles for: https://www.invaluable.com/auction-...cased-m1902-luger-carbine-f-1157-c-7d78a52a00

A Dickson & Sons round body SxS

Left handed Mauser 98 actioned 35 Whelen with a peep sight

Rigby 450 NE Double, Best quality

Prewar Browning Superposed

Lefty Benelli SBE for a modern shooter.
That Scottish round body will be cheap!😂

I’m looking at a tikka super varmint in 7mm-08 with the 20” barrel as another deer/elk rifle for my wife and kids. Seems like a nice rifle.

A kimber stainless 1911 in 10mm with adjustable sights.

A model 70 featherweight stainless in 06 or 270 with a nice featherweight pattern McMillan edge on it.

A useful, but classy looking 20ga O/U. I’m not sure of what make I want and refuse to spend a fortune on it but I will know the gun when I see it.

Just a few off the top of my head:
16 gauge model 12
Higher-end fox sxs (have a sterlingworth already and love it)
Pre-64 model 70 in .270 (was offered one a few years back at a screaming price, still not sure why I passed)
Savage 99 in 300 savage (have one in .243 that I love)
Something in .358 Winchester-not sure why
There are others that will come to me

Someday I will buy a nice British or European 16 ga. SxS so I can be a real Upland bird hunter.:)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back