Caribou Gear Tarp

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

krshntr81

The Good: Took Friday off to hit the Missouri turkey woods and had one of the best morning's of hunting ever. Gobblers every where, but just couldn't get one to commit. Saturday morning had a big gobbler fly off the roost and strut straight into my decoy and I killed him at 6:45 in the morning! It was a big bird never weighed him but he had 11.5 inch beard and 1 1/4 inch spurs.

The Bad: While cutting the tail feathers off the bird at home, the knife slipped and I stabbed myself in the wrist! A frantic run inside to get my wife and a 911 call later I was told I got lucky and missed the artery by a small fraction!

The ugly: The scar that I am going to have on my wrist from the stitches and the ER copay!

It was still a great weekend in the great outdoors, and a turkey hunting story that will live on forever!

Attachments

• turkey photo.JPG
    turkey photo.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 346
Well done and a very nice bird! I have a few scars from game cleaning mishaps, though not one as scary as that...

Glad you missed the really important stuff.
To avoid a similar fate I use heavy duty scissors (used for removing casting material for broken bones).

Glad you missed the really important stuff.
To avoid a similar fate I use heavy duty scissors (used for removing casting material for broken bones).

The funny thing is, when I got back from the ER I got my scissors to finish the job. I was just in a hurry and grabbed my little pocket knife!

Guessing your wrist/hand will keep you from mowing/shoveling so the Mrs. is up for it, right? After all, the turkey WAS for her??

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back