Yeti GOBOX Collection

The English hunters report.

Thanks for comments guys. A trip I will not forget looking forward to getting my mule deer mount in the summertime. I would like to thank all the Montanan’s I met they were a great bunch and always helpful. Thanks also to my hunting partner Richard who made it all happen.
One day who knows I will be back hopefully with my son.

Adam

You guys did really well.

Did you get the meat all the way home? If you did, I would think you have the only mule deer venison on the island.

Come back soon.

Thanks for the kind comments

Hope someone brought a good kettle and some fine tea to recount the days events over.
I'm a coffee drinking Englishman, sorry to burst your stereotypical view, I hate tea:)

Richard,
So glad that each of you were able to connect on an animal. You guys got a couple of nice deer, and nice job on the elk. Were you able to get the heads back to England or are you having them shipped over later? If you are interested in a Wyoming antelope hunt let me know. I have been planning on taking my son on a Wyoming antelope hunt in the next couple of years and would love to have you join us.
Hopefully we will get them back at home, although Big Ears is having his stuffed!
A couple of years time on the Wyoming antelope might be an option, I would have to beg and borrow a rifle off you though as my wife wants to come with me next time, so it would have to be a very quick hunt!

Thanks for comments guys. A trip I will not forget looking forward to getting my mule deer mount in the summertime. I would like to thank all the Montanan’s I met they were a great bunch and always helpful. Thanks also to my hunting partner Richard who made it all happen.
One day who knows I will be back hopefully with my son.
Adam
I agree Adam, a great bunch of helpful guys, always willing to share their secrets and get their maps out, top blokes.

Did you get the meat all the way home? If you did, I would think you have the only mule deer venison on the island.
Come back soon.
Sadly we aren't permitted to take the meat home, but we had an 'in house cook!' we tasted the Elk and Muley tenderloins, absolutely delicious, the remainder of the meat was given to our Montanan friends and a couple of Canadians we bumped into who gave us some invaluable advice on where we could find Adam's mule deer.

Only speaking for myself, that will be my last hunting trip to Montana, although I plan on returning for some fly fishing.
But, Big Fin, Sawtooth and others have suggested I look at a Wyoming hunt on the Antelope, I must start to investigate that one.
I have made some great friends on this forum, and met some equally great people whilst out hunting.
I have another guy booked in to visit me next year as part of the RMEF/BHA offer I do, I will probably do that again for 2020.
I have transferred my limited knowledge of hunting in Montana to my fellow English friends, and no doubt one or two will return one day, I told them it is addictive!

Cheers

Richard

Richard,
You figure out a way to make it back to the states and I will set you up with a rifle and any other gear you might need for a Wyoming Antelope hunt. I am sure our wives could find plenty of things to do around Jackson Hole and Yellowstone to keep them busy for a few days while we head to the high desert. Though that idea might cost us a few bucks.

Sadly we aren't permitted to take the meat home, but we had an 'in house cook!' we tasted the Elk and Muley tenderloins, absolutely delicious, the remainder of the meat was given to our Montanan friends and a couple of Canadians we bumped into who gave us some invaluable advice on where we could find Adam's mule deer.

I wonder if you could get around the regs, I know the UK lets you bring in meat from the EU and Germany lets you bring in up to 20kg of fish from non EU countries. I wonder if you could have your return flight go through germany, have your deer vaccum sealed in the US and declare it as salmon. That said the last thing I would want to do would be the vector of CWD into the UK.

I brought back a bunch of fish from Iceland in my carry on and never had an issue so I wonder if you could bring red stag steaks back to the US.

Richard,
You figure out a way to make it back to the states and I will set you up with a rifle and any other gear you might need for a Wyoming Antelope hunt. I am sure our wives could find plenty of things to do around Jackson Hole and Yellowstone to keep them busy for a few days while we head to the high desert. Though that idea might cost us a few bucks.
I will let my wife get used to having me back home, getting under feet, and driving her nuts, then I will broach the subject, I reckon she will be up for it, thanks for the offer, if nothing else it would be great to meet you again.

I wonder if you could get around the regs, I know the UK lets you bring in meat from the EU and Germany lets you bring in up to 20kg of fish from non EU countries. I wonder if you could have your return flight go through germany, have your deer vaccum sealed in the US and declare it as salmon. That said the last thing I would want to do would be the vector of CWD into the UK.

I brought back a bunch of fish from Iceland in my carry on and never had an issue so I wonder if you could bring red stag steaks back to the US.
It's not worth the risk, and getting meat from the UK to the US is even harder, you have really tough regs.

Cheers

Richard

Fantastic hunt, Richard What an enjoyable time with friends!
'yotes, deer and elk... Nice work to your friends as well!
Grats on slingling that partition on target.
Question, Did you need just the ATF Form 6NIA or did you need an ITN # as well for your firearms?

Grats again!

Last edited:
Fantastic hunt, Richard What an enjoyable time with friends!
'yotes, deer and elk... Nice work to your friends as well!
Grats on slingling that partition on target.
Question, Did you need just the ATF Form 6NIA or did you need an ITN # as well for your firearms?

Grats again!

Just the form 6, which they actually asked for this time.

Oh, and I went out yesterday, got a Fallow doe yesterday and this roe doe this morning
Cheers
Richard

IMG_20181109_074604165.jpg

Sounds like you just may be coming back again after all! Antelope are another one of those critters on my list that I still want to cross off. I would love to have a nice mount for the wall. The colors are beautiful. Guess I'll settle for my whitetails around here. No luck with my bow so far but gun season rolls around weekend after this. Time to put some meat in the freezer!

Congratulations Richard. But your picture shows us all where you got it, right behind the shoulder.:rolleyes:
Damn it, you are correct!

Nice! What the weight?
I just got back from the game dealer, just a small one, 183lb 'butchers weight', 2 others with it at the time but not safe shots. Not too bad getting it back to the truck.

Atta boy! You're doing better than I am.
Keep at it Dave, make sure you update us when you get one.

Cheers

Richard

I'm not going to starve. Shot a coyote Saturday morning followed by a young 6 point whitetail 5 minutes later. Brought the deer home, left the coyote! During the extraction my ATV crapped out on me and decided it wasn't going to stay running. Managed to get my deer winched up from the ravine and drug it out, leaving my ATV overnight until I had help to winch it up and drag it to my truck. No more hunting until it's running again. 2 tags to fill yet.

Good to see you guys come over and be successful! Makes Indiana seem like a hop, skip, and a jump from MT!

Always enjoy reading accounts of your Montana hunts. And enjoy the short bits of time we get to visit when you are here. Great job by all of you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back