The English hunters report.

Thanks Randy. Also singing your praises on the English version of this site called the Stalking Directory. You may see some more if us come over and experiencing your fabulous country.

Adam
AKA Big ears!

Thanks chaps.

I agree Randy, when your Llama took a dislike to my mates Llama, and the tightening rope almost sending you into orbit will be a sight that will remain with me for a long time!

Cheers

Richard

Finally got around to making sausage from Aleks' and Stephen's deer!
13 lbs. Spicy Chorizo
fullsizeoutput_64a.jpeg

12 lbs. Hot Italian
IMG_5300.JPG

Glad I was able to spend time and meet you guys this season. Looking forward to the next time we meet up.
Levi

Last edited:
That looks yummy!
I add chorizo sausage to the venison, put it through the grinder and then make sausages, do you do the same?
The hot Italian looks interesting!

Likewise great meeting you and your wife, I did say I wouldn't be back hunting in Montana, maybe just a fly fishing trip and bring the wife, but in truth I am already eager to get back, it won't be in 2019....but 2020 looks promising, or maybe 2021 (if I'm not too old!) as Adam (Big Ears) wants to return with his son.
You only live once, maybe, as mentioned before Wyoming with Sawtooth?
But, I have been lucky, 4 visits, 2 Elk and several deer, however I have learnt so much, and I want to explore the wilderness beyond where I shot my most recent Elk, no roads and it looks stunning!
But without a hunting partner like Adam I wouldn't risk it, it's well back there!
In conclusion, I would not rifle hunt opener, I see more after the craziness subsides, and wait for the deer to rut.
Maybe see you again el unit, your helpfulness and hospitality won't be forgotten, maybe see you both in England one day?
Cheers
Richard

Richard- I found a recipe online for making the Chorizo and Italian sausage. They taste excellent! Let me know if you want the recipes and I'll post em up.
Should you, or any of your hunting party, find yourself hunting in WY/MT the next few years, let me know. Aleks and Stephen left their bear sprays (2) and backpacker stove fuel canisters (4) here. They are marked yours for when you guys return- let me know and I'll bring them to you where you are hunting.
In regards to future MT elk hunt and timing, the locals have been hauling the elk out past our house lately on the main trailhead- 2 cows and 2 bulls in 2 days. Waiting until later in the season might be a good idea.
My wife reminds me every week about your kind offer to visit you in the UK. We'll get the ball rolling one of these days...
Thanks again!
Levi

My wife reminds me every week about your kind offer to visit you in the UK.
Levi

There are plenty of things to see over there. Just the old architecture is amazing enough! Thinking about how much work went into some of the buildings and then compare that to what we have here in the states, you can't help but say "wow". Tour some castles. Drive some back roads (carriageways, if I remember right). Lots of the smaller villages are like stepping back in time a ways. We even walked through a couple small cemeteries. Seeing dates on headstones from before the U.S. even existed was pretty cool.

There are plenty of things to see over there. Just the old architecture is amazing enough! Thinking about how much work went into some of the buildings and then compare that to what we have here in the states, you can't help but say "wow". Tour some castles. Drive some back roads (carriageways, if I remember right). Lots of the smaller villages are like stepping back in time a ways. We even walked through a couple small cemeteries. Seeing dates on headstones from before the U.S. even existed was pretty cool.

Yes! Passport renewal process should be completed by end of year.

Richard,
I have a .243 and a .308 win. that are waiting for you to use on a Wyoming antelope. Just give me the word and I will start buying points for Wyoming?

Yes! Passport renewal process should be completed by end of year.

If you fancy a trip down to Cornwall let me know. We are only 90 miles from Richard and you both are more than welcome. You can even compare a real pasty with the one from Butte!!

Adam

Thanks to a joint effort on the forum my Elk made its way over to me.
It is actually smaller than my red stag so it looks like I will be coming over to try again one day!
Even so it will remind of a great hunt with some great friends in the beautiful state of Montana.
Cheers
Richard

Glad you were able to get the antlers back to the UK. It is always nice to look up from a busy day and see the physical reminder of a great hunt. May those antlers serve that purpose well for you. Just say the word when you are ready to give Idaho a try.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back