The "CWD is a HOAX" movement is building

Things I know:

1. I’ve never seen a critter in the woods acting like it had CWD per the descriptions.

2. Colorado deers herds when managed for CWD detection have plummeted before my eyes.

This article is so frustrating. So many people refuse to believe anything unless they’ve seen it with their own eyes. I have a general level of skepticism about many things and don’t believe everything I’m told… but I realize that I can’t be an expert on EVERYTHING. At some point I have to trust that there are people much smarter than me making the best decisions they can make.
The author refuses to take the answer that biologists know that the disease is 100% fatal, because the logic is “circular”. The reality is that sometimes it’s difficult to explain to an argumentative blogger the exact science and the number of studies that show the lethality of a complex prion disease. Sure, F&G should’ve done a better job explaining, but sometimes it’s just easier to say “we’re 100% certain it’s 100% fatal”.

Things I know:

1. I’ve never seen a critter in the woods acting like it had CWD per the descriptions.

2. Colorado deers herds when managed for CWD detection have plummeted before my eyes.
Since we are sharing our observations. . .

1. Every time I set down a basketball it remains in place and does not roll away - the earth is observably flat.

This article is so frustrating. So many people refuse to believe anything unless they’ve seen it with their own eyes. I have a general level of skepticism about many things and don’t believe everything I’m told…
When you're constantly bombared with lies and glaring omissions from every direction in media, academia and government, credulity eventually melts away and skepticism sets in.

When you're constantly bombared with lies and glaring omissions from every direction in media, academia and government, credulity eventually melts away and skepticism sets in.
That’s alright, I appreciate a healthy level of skepticism. I too remain skeptical of things and people. But you also need to do your own research and use credible sources. Don’t chose to be skeptical of only the things you don’t like/don’t agree with, also remain skeptical of your own opinions and try to validate them before you tell others that you’re right and they’re wrong.

That’s alright, I appreciate a healthy level of skepticism. I too remain skeptical of things and people. But you also need to do your own research and use credible sources. Don’t chose to be skeptical of only the things you don’t like/don’t agree with, also remain skeptical of your own opinions and try to validate them before you tell others that you’re right and they’re wrong.
The tough thing about research is that most of the sources aren't credible. They're agenda driven.

The tough thing about research is that most of the sources aren't credible. They're agenda driven.
Simply not true - this remark shows a gross misunderstanding of how science works in the real world outside the echo chamber of social media. Of course, all humans have biases and scientists being humans they too have biases, but there is a lot of really good science out there. It's just that none of it can be found on twitter, facebook, VOX, Fox or Alex Jones Show. I am not sure how old you are, but in general, be very glad your parents didn't ignore the science behind the polio vaccine. You also seem happy to use the science behind semiconductors to express your disbelief in "most research sources". It is absurb. As pointed out by RyGuy - there is a big difference between skeptically evaluating data (which we should all do) and just out right dismissing most data as not credible.

Simply not true - this remark shows a gross misunderstanding of how science works
Science is not a religion. It does not require faith and believers and should always be subject to verification...and not just by sources with agendas.
An example is global warming. Scientists have been telling us for many decades that glaciers are melting rapidly. I'm still waiting for sea level to increase and all those coastal towns going underwater.

Science is not a religion. It does not require faith and believers and should always be subject to verification...and not just by sources with agendas.
An example is global warming. Scientists have been telling us for many decades that glaciers are melting rapidly. I'm still waiting for sea level to increase and all those coastal towns going underwater.
🤦‍♂️

Yup, science is not a religion. It is a rigorous methodology for testing hypotheses. So skepticism is built in by design. This is very different than dismissing whole fields of data/inquiry based on personal political viewpoints or very limited first-hand observations.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back