Caribou Gear Tarp

The "CWD is a HOAX" movement is building

brocksw

Edit: I should add, I'm starting to see this message promulgate more and more through media. Forums, FB pages, articles, conferences, etc. This is a serious movement and may have political ramifications for wildlife agencies whom are viewed as "pro cwd".

Last edited:
I am not sure how much of a "hoax" CWD is. I have watched the white-tail herd on the ranch we hunt go from numerous deer to basically nothing over the past 10 years.

Fifty percent of the WT bucks we have taken over the past 10 years have tested positive for CWD.

Total deer numbers (WT and MD) have declined by 90% on this ranch.

ClearCreek

Game agencies are making a major effort to slow the spread. There is no other plan. We’ve already seen how well that type of plan works.
I went to a meeting in September the Iowa Dnr hosted because we live in a CWD zone. It was literally the same scientific info and action plan they’ve been presenting for 10 years since the CWD was discovered in Iowa. There were only about 8 people from the public and several of them were giving the poor DNR guy a hard time, he was young and not prepared for it.

I went to a meeting in September the Iowa Dnr hosted because we live in a CWD zone. It was literally the same scientific info and action plan they’ve been presenting for 10 years since the CWD was discovered in Iowa. There were only about 8 people from the public and several of them were giving the poor DNR guy a hard time, he was young and not prepared for it.
First one I went to down here was a hair away from violence and I'm not excagerting.

@Hunting Wife do you think its always been around?
Absolutely not.

Edit: sorry, that was jaded and pissy. I should elaborate. The typical pattern has been that states have been testing for decades with zero detections. Then, they suddenly detect a case. Then a couple more. Then over another decade or more we can watch the geographic spread and rising prevalence. That is not how it would play out, over and over again, if CWD had always been there. We have watched it climb up to 50% prevalence in some cases just in the time we have been observing and testing. With growth like that, there is zero chance it would have gone undetected for so long, and still has not been detected in so many places.

Last edited:
Back