PEAX Equipment

The complete guide to hunting, butchering, and cooking wild game -- Steven Rinella

Tufrthnails

So I love the Meat Eater Podcast (I found it from the Randy Newberg unfiltered podcast) and decided to support the show by purchasing his new 2 volume series The complete guide to hunting, butchering, and cooking wild game. The first volume is Big game the second volume in small game and waterfowl. First off let me start by saying the illustrations and pictures are outstanding. The depth he goes into topics is a more like the first bite of any given topic so complete is a bit of a stretch, but it definitely covers most topics involved in hunting a species. Honestly this is the perfect series for a new hunter no matter their age. And for a guy like me that has no clue whatsoever how to approach a hunt out west I was super interested in the info on things like how to break a landscape into section to glass for say elk. Another thing I really really liked was the detail on butchering specific species. The cooking part is pretty good considering that is why I hunt I love the meat, but could have been a bigger part of the series. Honestly I think he could have done a whole extra volume on cooking and I would have been stoked. My 10 yo son sat down with me flipping through it and kept stopping me to sit and read all different sections of it to the point I just gave him the book we were looking at and I picked up the other one to flip through it the first time.

I think it is a great book and the best to describe the whole process to someone starting out. Obviously some areas are thin but it is not too shallow for that much depth. I wish I had it 3.5 years ago so I'm recommending it to the 2 new guys I'm taking out this year.

I also wish he did the gutless method but Rinella is mostly against it, it seems.

I think it is a great book and the best to describe the whole process to someone starting out. Obviously some areas are thin but it is not too shallow for that much depth. I wish I had it 3.5 years ago so I'm recommending it to the 2 new guys I'm taking out this year.

I also wish he did the gutless method but Rinella is mostly against it, it seems.

I wish I had it 20 years ago when I was starting hunting squirrels and rabbits.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back