The big elk live behind Costco

About 5 years ago we saw like 15 bulls bedded together in a cornfield a few miles west of Johnsons Corner. Really close to 25.

When I first spotted them my brain knew what it was but it wasn't prepared to believe it was really seeing it there. I had to triple take before I blurted out something to the in laws to stop the car.

Later that year my wife's coworker was right behind an suv that plowed an elk right around there.

That’s crazy. I have heard about a heard long the south Platte out by fort Morgan as well. Crazy to think there are elk out in the middle of all the development that rarely get seen

Back when I lived in that area, I’d see a lot of bulls nearby in mid to late July. Some big ones too!

Attachments

• 05E2F11E-5E4D-4DB6-BFB9-5788DA398FC3.jpeg
    05E2F11E-5E4D-4DB6-BFB9-5788DA398FC3.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 22
That’s crazy. I have heard about a heard long the south Platte out by fort Morgan as well. Crazy to think there are elk out in the middle of all the development that rarely get seen
I had a family member have a spike bull walk by his treestand while whitetail hunting out past Sterling a couple years ago. They are where you find them!

got some big bulls that hang out on my office campus in Berthoud from time to time in the summer.

My co-worker lives in Red Deer, Alberta. One morning his wife screamed when she walked into the kitchen. A bull moose had peered through their kitchen window and his head was basically in the middle of their kitchen. Skeert the heck out of her

One of my first memories was a bull moose looking through a cabin window. Apparently I was so tiny I was lying on the bed while my mom was tending the cabin in Glacier!

One of my first memories was a bull moose looking through a cabin window. Apparently I was so tiny I was lying on the bed while my mom was tending the cabin in Glacier!
That’s a great first memory! By contrast my first memory was sitting and playing on a pile of dirt my dad had dug out to fix the septic tank. Soft moist dirt. Was probably sewage soaked. Thanks Dad

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back