Yeti GOBOX Collection

The 200" club

Larry Landgren

Just out of curiousity how many mule deer hunters have actually shot a muley that scored over 200" ?

I know Iam about 50" away from breaking the 200" mark.

Last years buck for me scored 205 3/8ths P&Y. Non Typical. One so far that I could get close to. Have video of a 250+ buck from several years ago but it was harvested. Was 75 yds from this buck on more than one occasion. For 6 weeks I hunted this buck. Every morning and all weekend. In a season I am out over 60 times.
I hope all of you get to see a monster buck over 200 " in your sights whether archery or rifle.

I was extreamly lucky to have killed a 209" last year in CO. Probably never do it again, but I'll keep trying. I saw another later in the season while I was hunting elk in another unit that would have broke the 200" mark as a 4x4... maybe a little more. He was huge and a half... Before last year I had only ever seen one other that would go over 200", IIRC he scored 215, as a 9x11 and about 34-35" wide. He was shot on a river bottom in MT about 12-13 years ago near my parents place in SW MT. The only reason he ever made it to that size is becuase he lived on a ranch that had no hunting for as long as I can remember until they changed ownership... They they blasted about 4-5 bucks that were over 180... Then the muley population plumited and the whitetails took over. :( That ranch only hunted bucks that one year, and havent since, lucky for me as they spill over to my parents place. :D The only down side is 99% of them are whitetails now...

If I add up all three of the bucks i've killed I might get to that 200" mark. hump I also would be thrilled to get that 150' buck first. I'm kind of hoping I can get on some sort of ladder plan. Next year 140 class buck, year after 160 class buck, year after 180 class buck.....and so on.

I figure I've much to learn before getting into the elusive club!

Aaron

...a fairchase 200" whitey would be ok for sure...then again, so would a 150.

Shot a 11x9 several years ago that grosses 215 and nets 203 7/8. A couple weeks ago I passed on a 9x9 double dropper that my buddy ended up killing that grosses 202. It was awesome to get the opportunity to watch the hunt and the buck with the spotter and see my buddy kill it. Besides, I'm holding out for a buck I've named MassNTrash that I've watched the last few winters. He was seen the next day by another buddy in our camp. He was estimated at an easy 225-230.

I killed a whitetail last year that would have easily scored over two hundred if it would've had an 80" drop tine off the right beam. But it didn't, so I'm not in that club yet.

Yetty, don't feel bad, I'm not in that club either, and I'm not in the 400" elk club.

I should start my own club. How about the 6" club. That's 6" around. :D

I thought the 200" Club was like the "Mile High Club" except it's for gay men who are afraid of height's...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back