Thanks Montana

Grizzley

To all of you in Montana...I just wanted to say thank you! Thank you for making sure the laws in your state allow nonresidents access to both great lands and a reasonable priced tag but most importantly for providing me with a great place to pitch a tent, hike, and to hunt. A good friend of mine and I were reflecting on the past four years of deer hunting and we both concurred that Montana has provided us with a some great deer and unbelievable expansive country! I have been able to hunt in your great state the last 4 years at a nominal fee...as for my home state of ND I have yet to pull a mule deer tag the past 5 years...I am sure my day to draw in ND will come but for now Montana is and hopefully will continue to be a hunting staple into the future!

Does anyone feel the same way about a different state or is Montana the pinnacle for great inexpensive hunts?

Thanks Montana!

Well put.

There's so many people I know that want to see all elk and deer go to limited draw only, and that scares the crap out of me. Sure I'd like to see an older age class of bulls and bucks but I love being able to hunt every year, for 11 weeks no less. I'll choose high opportunity everytime. Mature animals are out there.

Well put.

There's so many people I know that want to see all elk and deer go to limited draw only, and that scares the crap out of me. Sure I'd like to see an older age class of bulls and bucks but I love being able to hunt every year, for 11 weeks no less. I'll choose high opportunity everytime. Mature animals are out there.
"
How many people do you know that "WANT" to go to draw just arbitrarily?

6 weeks of archery and 5 weeks of rifle on general tags come at a price. Sometimes the resource is where that price is paid.

I ,Agree 100% with his statement, .I am From AZ. and enjoy Mts., big country High mt. lakes, Great glassing areas with hunting opp. Can't get that here in N. Dakota . To much private land here. You Guys from ND. should be glad You have a great escape, so close. Iv'e gone to Montana the last 2 years for Muleys and will continue as long as I stay here..........BOB!

You're welcome. There are many hard working hunter conservationists in Montana, many on this blog, who are very active in the fight to keep animals and access on the landscape. Of course there are some issues that residents get selfish on, but for the most part, if the residents are getting a good deal, nonresidents will be treated fairly too. We can all take pride in what we have in Montana and support all efforts to keep and expand habitat and access.

I was very impressed with the Wyoming Game/Fish department, as well as the locals, when I was out there for my pronghorn hunt in September. I couldn't believe that the hotel gave us a $20/night discount for being hunters! I'm just glad that the forests have been preserved for future generations, and with our support as hunters, fishermen, and outdoorsmen they will hopefully continue to be available for our use.

Monatana and AZ suck, I never had any fun or seen animals there.

Attachments

• 422639_4477169205292_1570916086_n.jpg
    422639_4477169205292_1570916086_n.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 367
  • 20131122_130349.jpg
    20131122_130349.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 376
  • AZ riflelope.jpg
    AZ riflelope.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 369
  • MT deer hunt 07 054.jpg
    MT deer hunt 07 054.jpg