Thanks EODRay

Thank you John Cushman, EODRay, and all who have served and currently are serving to protect our families and our freedom!

Randy, I'm flattered at your words and sentiment. I don't feel that I've done anything worthy of it, though. I was just doing my job and happened to get hit with the second IED, then shot twice in the aftermath...all in a day's work. I didn't do anything special or worthy of such high regard.
Sorry there Johnny but I have to respectfully disagree with you greatly. Each and every day members of our armed services like you and Ray put your lives on the line for each and every one of us. You may not see it that way but most people do. You protect every freedom that is guaranteed to us by our constitution without question and,that is pretty dam honorable. I understand your reluctance to acknowledge what you did was anything more than your job, but it was. It is exactly why Americans hold people like you in such high regard and appreciate you more than you will ever understand....I'm just sayin.....:cool:

I you guys would understand that I'm a failure, then you wouldn't hold me in such high regard. I was a medic. My job was to save and sustain life, even at the cost of my own. My buddy Izzy died after getting to the hospital in Baghdad. I kept him alive for 45 minutes. Then, because I was injured, I broke my promise to him that I wouldn't leave him, and he died surrounded by strangers. He is the real hero and the one who should be held in high regard.

Back