Thank you HuntTalk! Tagged out in Jabridge

More details of your hunt would be great. What weapon? How many days, how far, how many encounters, how did you manage to get into shooting range etc. I’m certainly NOT asking for need to details the location or anything like that….just the story.

What a great bull!! Congrats!

Good deal! Any more details?
More details of your hunt would be great. What weapon? How many days, how far, how many encounters, how did you manage to get into shooting range etc. I’m certainly NOT asking for need to details the location or anything like that….just the story.

when I get off work I’ll edit into the the original post!

Congrats on a great bull! Especially considering you went into an area you knew nothing about.
Jarbidge is one of my favorite places to hunt.

It was about 3 miles. Took me 5 ish trips by myself!
3 out is trip 1. 3 in and 3 out is trip 2,3,4&5. 27 miles. People often don't understand that 2 miles is not that deep into the woods yet a pack out can be 18 miles total to get the elk and camp back to the trailhead. 3 miles in your case was 27 miles.

As soon as I did this once then I shifted to hiring outfitter with horses if my hunting will likely take me 2 or more miles deep. I took 2 weeks to feel normal again. No idea of the calories burned. Once was enough solo. If have two or three guys in camp then camp is easier to pack in and out since shared items get divided up rather than all end up in your pack. The hard work really is after the bull tips over if are hunting away from the road or trailhead. Good job on the solo pack out.

Story is up!

Back