Thank God that's over

An absentee ballot would really mellow the next few weeks out. But then again who would want to miss out on all of this fun?
I am patiently awaiting for the arrival of the latest issue of American Hunter magazine so I can make sure I'm voting in the best interest of american hunters.

Working on mine tonight. I find it nice that 3rd rifle season in CO is the week of voting. I will be in the woods and away from any possible automated phone calls, predictive blue and red maps, commentaries, etc. I just finished writing a letter to the board of REI yesterday in response to their #optoutside campaign on black Friday. I'm glad they close down and encourage others to forget the consumer frenzy but I tasked them with a statement about what they are doing on the public lands transfer/divestment topic. That's my contribution to the issue. It's what I can do right now. My votes tonight will be decided largely by the responses I received from the candidates that deemed a response worth their time when I asked where they stand on public lands!

Heading to vote tomorrow. I also will be in the woods from the 7th - 20th so I may not know when the moon gets knocked off it's axis!!!!

I'll have to argue the get out and vote stance. Only go vote if you have researched the topics and the candidates that align with those topics that you hold deer. If your voting just because you recognize the name like it's some reality TV show please don't go vote that's how we ended up with the choices we have now. If you can't take the time to look up the candidates and their positions please due us all a favor DONT GO VOTE

I'm tired of the get out and vote stance it ought to be go due some homework then participate in the constitutional process.
Just my two cents

I agree whole heartily with you Big Fin. I am so ready for this to be over and I really do believe that no matter who gets elected that this great country will continue to be great. Hopefully the checks and balances of our system will prevent things from getting out of had too much. Although Obama care is not an example of that...:)

I'll have to argue the get out and vote stance. Only go vote if you have researched the topics and the candidates that align with those topics that you hold deer. If your voting just because you recognize the name like it's some reality TV show please don't go vote that's how we ended up with the choices we have now. If you can't take the time to look up the candidates and their positions please due us all a favor DONT GO VOTE

I'm tired of the get out and vote stance it ought to be go due some homework then participate in the constitutional process.
Just my two cents

Matt, I think back just a couple years when my dad engaged a waitress about the national debt. Her comment was something like this: "The government is in debt? How can the government be in debt? Really?". She had absolutely no clue about the issues and as much as I want people to vote, that kind of uninformed voter is doing nobody any good. Good hair does not make a good politician (no direct reference to any current candidate intended)!

Mnelknut it's those kind of people I'm talking about. I refuse to use self check out at home depot. The girl behind the counter manning all four both tells me it's easy. I say It may be but it cost people's jobs so I'll go ware there is a cashier she says to me it doesn't cost jobs see I'm here. My response to her was what about the other three.
I'm afraid this election is two much of a dancing with the stars and not enough on the issues. But the big thing to remember is your not voting for the president but your voting for the swing in the justices.

Got my ballot last week and mailed it in the following day. Really is easy and convenient. This year I would imagine going to a polling station is a lot like waiting in line for a porta-potty at the Phoenix Open.

Randy...very well put especially regarding that there will be a time for a breather after.
Regarding hunting on Election Day, back in 1995 on that Tuesday I had arrowed my best buck to that date.
Was using my Hoyt Raptor Carbonite, which had the parallel limbs and 80% letoff....boy did I love that bow.
Sold that bow because someone had something "better"
Guess what....I wish I had that bow back and I wish I had those years back.
Time is a healer always, this too shall pass...............10Dogs

I agree whole heartily with you Big Fin. I am so ready for this to be over and I really do believe that no matter who gets elected that this great country will continue to be great. Hopefully the checks and balances of our system will prevent things from getting out of had too much. Although Obama care is not an example of that...:)

You are a lot more positive than I am, for sure. I think we are in a downward spiral that maybe no one can stop.

I'm done. I have to say it was busy as heck for early voting at the Courthouse. Talked with one of the poll attendants and he said it twice what he has ever seen and the youngest early voting crowd he said low forties was probably the avg age so I sat in my truck and watched for 20 min after I voted. He was prob right I'd say just guessing mid 40 would be accurate. Way more young 20s then I ever expected. Not sure if thats good or bad, but I have a feeling the weed amendment is going to pass this time!

Just said I'd pound doors for Laslovich so it won't be over until it's over. If the founding fathers were so smart, why did they put the election during hunting season?

Just said I'd pound doors for Laslovich so it won't be over until it's over. If the founding fathers were so smart, why did they put the election during hunting season?

It just proves they were a bunch of Liberals...they knew all of the Republican redneck hunters would be gone for the month of November trying to catch the rut...:)

It just proves they were a bunch of Liberals...they knew all of the Republican redneck hunters would be gone for the month of November trying to catch the rut...:)
They were a bunch of gun toting liberal butt-hurt hippies.

Glad I didnt vote early...more investigating by the FBI.

I am honestly speechless...nuff said.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back