Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Texas Hogs

wytex

Leaving Saturday morning for our annual hog hunt down on the family place in Texas. Taking some cold weather with us unfortunately.
Looking forward to chasing those pigs around the hills and doing some night hunting.
Pics to follow.

Never fails: plan a trip, weather looks good then bam! Cold front with snow for the day we leave town then it follows us down.

Go get 'em!

I had a successful trip down there a couple weeks ago. More hogs where we were in NE Texas than anywhere I've been.

Good luck. Let us know what set up using for night hunting. I might be getting into that to kill some pigs we have occasionally moving in and out tearing up pastures.

Cold and rain for this part this weekend!!! Kill'em all if you can. We got way too many. Good luck

No doubt!!!! Way too many!!! Good luck!!
We r going to start our thermal scope outings once the oats in the area start to head out

JTHOMP; we use 6.8 Grendel, AR platforms, topped w Pulsar thermals. Approach the fields downwind, find the pigs, stalk up to em, line up on tripods, 1, 2, 3 n let em have it.
Used to use 300 Blackouts but the trajectory sucks n at night on running hogs it’s hard to gauge the range.

First hog down. 170 lbs dressed boar. Found him out feeding just before dark.
We beat the weather to get out of Laramie but it followed us down. 14 degrees this morning with a stiff breeze. The piggies were cuddled up first light. We have a couple of sounders hanging out behind the house we're staying in. Just matter of time we hope.

DSCN2159 (1080x810).jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2161 (1080x810).jpg
    DSCN2161 (1080x810).jpg
    861 KB · Views: 8
Nice! Texas is the only state I haven't been to and the wife keeps saying we should go down and maybe try to kill a hog or two while we're there. Maybe someday.

Back