Terrible summer coming to a close

nmtaxi

Finally got out to do something fun. This has been a long, awful summer. In May my dad was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. 5 weeks later, my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. After 5 harsh doses of chemo, with one more to go, my dad is almost cancer free (at least for a little while). Small cell can be stubborn, but responded well to the treatments. My mom has had two surgeries, and we're hoping they were able to remove all the cancer in her. So, now on to not quite as important, but much more fun things..... like hunting.
A friend of my dads offered up a doe antelope tag for my boy. We usually don't do much doe hunting, but getting out for the weekend sounded fun. It actually ended up being a blast. Any time I can spend with my dad is great. When we're hunting, it's that much better.
No big trophy, no big horns, no B&C scores thrown around this weekend. Just a family enjoying each other's company. I hope everybody can get out this fall. Happy hunting.
DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

Congrtats to your son!!!!

I agree with Fred, the last picture needs to be framed.

I hope your parents can kick the C's butt and come out on top.

That last picture is what it's all about all right.

I hope things get better for you and the family.

Best of luck,

G

Any time I can spend with my dad is great. When we're hunting, it's that much better.
No big trophy, no big horns, no B&C scores thrown around this weekend. Just a family enjoying each other's company. I hope everybody can get out this fall. Happy hunting.
]

That is a better way to hunt anyway. Looks like a great time

priorities sure change when you hear the C word regarding someone you love, or yourself. I'm with everyone else, get the photo on the wall, and just get out when you can, who cares about the record books.

That'll be nearly as, maybe even more, memorable than if it was an 80"er. Congrats and cherish those times.

Sorry to hear about the tough times. Looks like you fellows had a good day. Thanks for sharing.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back