Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Tell Me which 22LR rifle to buy

I don't use my .22 most though... I spend 99% of my shooting time on longbows and recurves. If I grab a rifle it's to sight in, or go hunt deer and elk. Stupid TX...
Well, maybe you need a custom bow instead. Or maybe you will take up rifle shooting more seriously. I'm not much of a fan of TX but you have a strong history of Schuetzen competition.

This is the same rifle in Schuetzen configuration. This one has far more special features than you can see in the photos, but they all serve a purpose. Lowwall on fence.jpg.JPG

Everyone needs to shoot more .22. Everyone.

Well, maybe you need a custom bow instead. Or maybe you will take up rifle shooting more seriously. I'm not much of a fan of TX but you have a strong history of Schuetzen competition.

This is the same rifle in Schuetzen configuration. This one has far more special features than you can see in the photos, but they all serve a purpose. View attachment 238094

Everyone needs to shoot more .22. Everyone.
Oh I have the custom bows, lol! Recurve, or longbow, I got it covered. The thing that gets me is not many places to hunt with guns within two hours of me.

Oh I have the custom bows, lol! Recurve, or longbow, I got it covered. The thing that gets me is not many places to hunt with guns within two hours of me.
Well, there probably are places to shoot (your backyard?). But let's start with the rifle. Then we can worry about relocating you to better real estate, commesurate with owning a quality custom .22 Winchester. :)

I decided on a Bergara B14 R trainer. Not sure what your requirements are.

It’s easily a sub-MOA gun for a .22LR. By no means the best. But it outshoots me easily
View attachment 238064
I bought a B14 R barreled action and put it in an XLR chassis and replaced the trigger with a Trigger Tech Diamond. Shooting Center X ammo I can more than hold my own against the customs. Last match the Bergara was the only rifle to clean the 200 yd mover. These things flat out shoot.
Second choice would be a CZ 457 Precision Trainer.
Third would be a Tikka T1x.

Getting the right gun is about getting the right girlfriend. Go around and look at all you can find and one will get your attention.

Buy a CZ and don't look back.. You won't ever regret owning one. My good friend has an Anschutz and it is not any more accurate in his hands than my CZ 457 is in mine and his rifle was 3x+ the price of mine.

I have a Ruger Precision Rimfire. With the right ammo it shoots tiny groups, plus the stock is adjustable so my boys can shoot it comfortably, too.

If the Anschutz 1710 HB was available in a left hand version, I would find a way to get one. I love 22s.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back