Tell Me which 22LR rifle to buy

88man

I am looking to buy a very accurate 22lr>>> rifle can be from a custom builder? Any advice or experiences?

I decided on a Bergara B14 R trainer. Not sure what your requirements are.

It’s easily a sub-MOA gun for a .22LR. By no means the best. But it outshoots me easily
263A31B7-7E3A-473C-8800-5747BE9574BF.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up a cz 455, it’s more accurate than I can shoot and I haven’t had any feeding issues. You didn’t share your intended purpose but mine has just a sporter barrel (wood/blued) so you wouldn’t want to shoot matches or anything. I bought it and a bergara bmr at the same time and the bergara is gone

Don’t overlook the savage mark 2 fv-sr or the ruger precision. Both very good for the money especially. I won the silhouette match at our local range against some accomplished shooters and their anschutz .22’s with my little $250 savage and cci mini mags. It turned some heads.

Don’t overlook the savage mark 2 fv-sr or the ruger precision. Both very good for the money especially. I won the silhouette match at our local range against some accomplished shooters and their anschutz .22’s with my little $250 savage and cci mini mags. It turned some heads.
Those savages are accurate little rifles, if they would invest a little more in the magazines I would’ve kept mine! I could only get 4 in there before they wanted to pop out. Savage sent me replacements twice, no questions asked but they did the same thing

Those savages are accurate little rifles, if they would invest a little more in the magazines I would’ve kept mine! I could only get 4 in there before they wanted to pop out. Savage sent me replacements twice, no questions asked but they did the same thing
I haven’t had any trouble with mine at all. One thing I don’t like on the 5 round magazine it fits 5 just fine but if you want to put it in against a closed bolt it won’t go with 5 only 4 then pops right in.

I am looking to buy a very accurate 22lr>>> rifle can be from a custom builder? Any advice or experiences?
There are some other decent rifles, but the clear winner, hands down is a Winchester 1885, cut in a thick-tang Low Wall style by Montana Vintage Arms. Barrels by Lilja, Shilen, and a few others will produce incredible accuracy if a high quality gun maker does the work. Wood from Cecil Fredi can be rough shaped by CPA or others before being fitted. I can provide a half dozen or more really quality custom builders and subcontactors for the project if you would like. There has never been a better time to build a custom .22 than now.

Squirrel and low wall 2016.jpg

There are some other decent rifles, but the clear winner, hands down is a Winchester 1885, cut in a thick-tang Low Wall style by Montana Vintage Arms. Barrels by Lilja, Shilen, and a few others will produce incredible accuracy if a high quality gun maker does the work. Wood from Cecil Fredi can be rough shaped by CPA or others before being fitted. I can provide a half dozen or more really quality custom builders and subcontactors for the project if you would like. There has never been a better time to build a custom .22 than now.

View attachment 238068
You bastage! I need that like a hole in the head, but now I want one BAD....

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back