Tell me about Great Falls, MT

The amont of property crime and theft concerned me...Any Idea for the reason?
This could actually be an indicator of better law enforcement. You wouldn't want to leave your house or car unlocked in Billings. Havre is much worse! Proximity to Indian reservations may have something to do with problems in those two cities but I wouldn't put the blame entirely on those folks. The meth heads I see everywhere in Havre aren't Native.

Last edited:
This could actually be an indicator of better law enforcement. You wouldn't want to leave your house or car unlocked in Billings. Havre is much worse! Proximity to Indian reservations may have something to do with problems in those two cities but I wouldn't put the blame entirely on those folks. The meth heads I see everywhere in Havre aren't Native.
SMH. Judge much?

SMH. Judge much?
Have you been there? Based on powers of observation and what I read in the papers.

Personally, I would prefer living in Havre or Browning over Missoula, Bozeman, Billings, or Kalispell. Havre and Browning have their problems but they're going nowhere in a hurry and that suits me fine. Those other places are overrun and full of plastic people. I can tolerate the meth heads and alcoholic Natives a lot better. They may not be much but they're generally genuine real folks.

Last edited:
Awesome town to drive through, I would make my way across the border from Alberta and always stop at the CJ's in Great Falls on my way to Helena. People there are super nice and the Missouri is gorgeous.

Giant Springs State Park is really the only thing I enjoy about Great Falls

We are there far too often for soccer tournaments, their soccer complex is ok too.

Not really a surprise that it’s such a shithole, most military base towns are.

Of the 6 larger towns in MT, it would be the last one I would want to live in, but if forced to, there is great upland bird hunting close by, and the Missouri River recreational opportunities are endless.

My rating is:

#1 Bozeman
#2 Missoula
#3 Butte
#4 Helena
#5 Billings
#6 Great Falls

Fortunately I live in Livingston and have no desire to move

I was stationed there in 1975-76 at Malmstrom. Lots of good memories from a very distant past. Lots and lots of cool mountains nearby. I was from Florida so I was very eager to get out and explore the area. Hunted, fished, drank tons of beer and some of my buds told me about the enormous amount of drugs available there. Me and the wife talking about going up there next year. The Belt mountains southeast of town are not to be missed. Clint Eastwood had recently filmed Thunderbolt and Lightfoot there (1973).

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back