Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ted Nugent and the NRA

Nugent needs to go find a rock to crawl under. He is huge liability for any cause he claims to be an advocate for. He is really an advocate for himself, an old washed up blow hard looking for the lime light. And to think Outdoor Channel promotes him as one of the voices of hunting.

Nugent needs to go find a rock to crawl under. He is huge liability for any cause he claims to be an advocate for. He is really an advocate for himself, an old washed up blow hard looking for the lime light. And to think Outdoor Channel promotes him as one of the voices of hunting.

I support the First Amendment but I also support an organization's right to limit their membership to people who don't hurt their cause. The Outdoor Channel and the NRA should have a little wall-to-wall counseling session with Ted. But hey, if they don't, it's on them. Sad.

James, Why the attachment of Trump? He was no where in your Link. John

The attachment was my personal curiosity (as stated in my post) about whether Ted might be feeling emboldened by America's apparent willingness to embrace the brash, un-PC, (faux?) xenophobic finger pointing engaged in by Trump. The difference being, Trump isn't quite as clumsy about it.

In anticipation of a potential response, yes, I know Ted has always been off the wall, but the timing of this in-your-face, patently anti-Semitic BS just makes me wonder if he wasn't feeling like his time had come, on the coattails of Trump; after all, the latter seems to be embraced for similar, but more calculated rhetoric.

Last edited:

Good to see you are a person like myself. If you want to know what I am thinking just ask I will tell.

Gets me in trouble at work, with my wife, kids, friends, etc. LOL.

I like his music (don't hate me), but then once I actually met him and talked for a while as well as listened to some of his rants I got real tired of him. Still like the tunes, though! Hey, I'm an old head-banging, long-hair used-to-be. ;)

Never liked his music much then, maybe when I was drunk or something........or his opine now.

I have always said that this jackass is an embarrassment to gun rights people/groups.
If he's seeking common ground with the left, he could find a better topic than antisemitism.

...two birds with one stone?

Nice try...but no.

So, you and DraftStud are saying that Ted has always been this overtly antisemitic? Wow! I'm surprised. I'd like to see evidence of that. Can you point me to any?

As I said before, in my anticipatory statement, I always knew he was over the top. (In addition, I've always suspected that the NRA was secretly just as bad, notwithstanding their "I am the NRA" public relations campaign with soccer moms and blacks, etc.) But if what you say is true, and Ted has always been this overtly antisemitic, and the NRA continued to let him sit on the board, that really says a lot not only about the NRA but about anyone who would be a member. And, if so, why hasn't there ever been such an uproar from within the NRA membership before? Particularly the Jewish membership?

Just curious.

Why have you always thought the NRA is secretly anti Semitic?

Seriously some of the stuff libs hallucinate about really makes me wonder.

Why have you always thought the NRA is secretly anti Semitic?

Seriously some of the stuff libs hallucinate about really makes me wonder.

Oh, probably for the same reason I've always thought there were a large number of them who are Republican, Conservative, White, racist, paranoid, homophobic, land-rapers; you know, the usual. I know some of them are not. In fact, many of them are probably not. Nevertheless, and notwithstanding my liberal hallucinations, I'm not stupid. I mean, look at Ted. He's on the NRA Board, amiright?

As I said, I always knew Ted was Ted and over the top, but now his true colors are out, confirming what any hallucinogenic liberal already knew. As a middle class, middle age, white, rural, conservative-looking, gun packing, elk-hunting, bow shooting, male you'd be surprised at the number of my peers who confide in me, thinking I am "one of them." God, I hear more about niggers, spics, faggots, hallucinating libs, rag heads, bunny fkers, etc than I would imagine, and virtually all them have NRA stickers on their muscle trucks. Then, when they find out I'm a hallucinating lib and don't roll that way, they quit talking so openly with me. The conversation always turns to something like the weather, or the Broncos. Go figure.

So, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to assume a good portion of the NRA is anti-Semitic, especially when they have an anti-Semite on the Board and, according to a couple of people on this thread, unbeknownst to me, he's ALWAYS been that way.

Last article I read, the NRA was all "no comment" about it. Think they'll give him the boot? I certainly hope so.

Edited to add: Link to piece on reasonable (?) perceptions: http://www.thetrace.org/2016/02/ted-nugent-nra-relationship/

Last edited:
Oh, probably for the same reason I've always thought there were a large number of them who are Republican, Conservative, White, racist, paranoid, homophobic, land-rapers; you know, the usual. I know some of them are not. In fact, many of them are probably not. Nevertheless, and notwithstanding my liberal hallucinations, I'm not stupid. I mean, look at Ted. He's on the NRA Board, amiright?

As I said, I always knew Ted was Ted and over the top, but now his true colors are out, confirming what any hallucinogenic liberal already knew. As a middle class, middle age, white, rural, conservative-looking, gun packing, elk-hunting, bow shooting, male you'd be surprised at the number of my peers who confide in me, thinking I am "one of them." God, I hear more about niggers, spics, faggots, hallucinating libs, rag heads, bunny fkers, etc than I would imagine, and virtually all them have NRA stickers on their muscle trucks. Then, when they find out I'm a hallucinating lib and don't roll that way, they quit talking so openly with me. The conversation always turns to something like the weather, or the Broncos. Go figure.

So, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to assume a good portion of the NRA is anti-Semitic, especially when they have an anti-Semite on the Board and, according to a couple of people on this thread, unbeknownst to me, he's ALWAYS been that way.

Last article I read, the NRA was all "no comment" about it. Think they'll give him the boot? I certainly hope so.

Look at any social media - lets say MSNBC's - comment section on any article regarding Jewish people, Israel, Palestine, etc.. You will find (ironically) countless commenters always sticking up for the 'ragheads' and calling for the destruction of 'Zionists' or 'Fu***ng Cowards' as those that work in Obama's cabinet like to refer to the Jewish nation's leader.
I know its hard to ground with fact, a hallucinating, wannabe pseudo-intellectual, but if you set down the thesaurus and see the forest through the trees, you'll see that anti-Semitism is downright mainstream on the left. And yes, I know the Bernman is Jew'ish', although he's distancing himself from that more, daily.

All that being said, I hope Nugent gets blackballed from the public spotlight. With Piers Morgan's insight no longer on the air, the right has lost all need to try to counterbalance the low level of discourse. Sarah Palin may disagree.

Hillary was on the Board of Directors for Wal-Mart. Most Dems will say you are a liar if you ask them if they would vote for a Wal-Mart Board member, "Hell NO", then you tell them Hillary was and they blow a gasket wrapping their mind around it.

Nugent is on the Board of NRA. I am a lifer and I think there a 70 Board members. I get a ballot once a year and you vote for X of Y on the ballot. Only lifers vote. I seriously doubt 70 people can effectively meet and provide concise guidance for the NRA. My hunch is this is a way to recruit wealthy and well-known individuals that will eventually donate $1 million or more when alive or as part of the estate.

So, whether Ted is on the Board or not has minimal to zero impact on the course the NRA takes on policy decisions.

Should there be a purity test to be on the Board? Is it wrong if a Board member is uncomfortable with a particular type of person? Should only people that are well-read or graduates of Yale be on the Board.

Ted is a knucklehead. The NRA should declare Ted's views do not necessarily reflect the NRA's. Should Ted be tossed from the Board? If so, should it be a vote of the Board or just one or two NRA executives with the Chairman making the call?

If I am the Chairman, I pull Ted aside and ask if the public posts and statements reflect his actual opinion or if he wants to publicly address the matter. A mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa would put the vote to the entire Board, thumb up or down. If instead Ted says he thinks Israel or Jewish heritage is what drives anti-gun actions then no need to take the issue to the Board since Ted would be asked to leave.

There is significant financial liability for a Board to oust a member. NRA should bite that bullet if Ted needs to go.

LopeHunter---You are incorrect on your statement about only lifers in the NRA vote for Board memebr unless that has recently been changed. I've been a member for years, never a lifer, and voted every election. I dropped out for a few years and then rejoined a few years ago and as far as I know it's still open to all members to vote on Board members. I never put an X for the Nuge because he's a pompous, egotistical jerk, but obviously enough do to keep him on the Board. This is the first I've heard of him anti-Semitic.

You can point to similar situations on what you perceive to be the opposite side of Ted and the NRA all you want. In doing so, you only make my case: Organizations are tainted by the individuals they get in bed with, especially when those individuals serve as spokesmen for the organization and especially when the organization knew or should have known about the views of the individual.

Saying "Well, they do it too" won't defeat the simple argument I have made here. Rather, the operative question is this: In those similar situations, did the besmirched individual or organization take corrective action? Or did they continue on with the freak that besmirched them? Doesn't really matter though, since we are not disputing "Well, they do it too". That is stipulated. We are, instead, talking about Ted, the NRA, and the question of whether he's always been this way or if it's something new?

P.S. Social media commentators don't speak for anyone but themselves.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back